Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
09-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
This is a ridiculous argument. If a company is responsible for a problem, that company receives the blame. That's what responsibility is, after all. In this situation, there is no "problem" to be resolved or that should have been avoided in the first place. The sale is announced and is in place from Monday through Friday. Your money spends just as well as anyone else's money. I fail to see how there is an issue of "equality" here at all. If all companies were to routinely observe with sales the holidays of countries in which they have customers, then when wouldn't they be having a sale?
I'd like it if they observed other countries holidays instead of only American ones, why should only American holidays be celebrated by discounts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
It's just a reason to have a sale. We base it around American holidays because we're an American company. Your argument is akin to expecting Audi to run a promotion in Germany on our Labor Day.

I personally don't keep track of most European holidays because I don't celebrate most of them. (Though Guy Fawkes Day is pretty awesome.) I only know about May Day because I'm interested in the history of labor movements in general.
That's different, Audi would only be selling to German people, you're selling to every person from every country that can access the game. Singling out one countries holiday when you're selling something to people all across the world via the same means is showing favouritism.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
I'd like it if they observed other countries holidays instead of only American ones, why should only American holidays be celebrated by discounts?
There's a simple fix! If your stated address is out of the US, you don't get the sale price!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
09-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Painter_Pegazus View Post
There's a simple fix! If your stated address is out of the US, you don't get the sale price!
Makes the equality issue even worse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
09-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
That's different, Audi would only be selling to German people, you're selling to every person from every country that can access the game. Singling out one countries holiday when you're selling something to people all across the world via the same means is showing favouritism.
Maybe, but if they had a sale for every country's holidays, they would have to have a sale almost every day of the year.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
09-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
That's different, Audi would only be selling to German people, you're selling to every person from every country that can access the game. Singling out one countries holiday when you're selling something to people all across the world via the same means is showing favouritism.
Favoritism to what, exactly? We run sales on dates. We pick certain holidays because it's an easy milestone to remember and plan for, and it's long been American tradition for companies to run sales around specific holidays.

I don't really understand who we're showing favoritism to, though, since everyone in the world can take advantage of the sale.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
I'd like it if they observed other countries holidays instead of only American ones, why should only American holidays be celebrated by discounts?
As has been pointed out several times, it's an American company. We don't expect [insert random country here] to observe our holidays and offer us discounts on our holidays. Why? Because they're not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
[...] Singling out one countries holiday when you're selling something to people all across the world via the same means is showing favouritism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
[...] I don't really understand who we're showing favoritism to, though, since everyone in the world can take advantage of the sale.
(Emphasis added by me, and quoted because I think it's worth repeating.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
That's different, Audi would only be selling to German people, you're selling to every person from every country that can access the game. Singling out one countries holiday when you're selling something to people all across the world via the same means is showing favouritism.
Showing favoritism would be only offering sale prices to countries that celebrate the holiday. They want to occasionally have C-Store sales, so being an American company they decided to spread the good will of American holidays by giving our international friends the gift of lower prices.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Maybe, but if they had a sale for every country's holidays, they would have to have a sale almost every day of the year.
Well if they celebrate the American Labour, what's stopping them celebrating the international labour day? They don't need to have a sale for every holiday but for every American one, an international one should be acknowledged to, that's a fair compromise right?

Didn't they even celebrate independence day as well? How about they acknowledge when the British got rid of the french? ^^ Nah just kidding.

Edit:

Ok how about I put it plainly, I don't think it's appropriate to benefit from a discount that's being used to celebrate a holiday I don't celebrate when my holidays ain't celebrated in the same fashion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblack86 View Post
Can you imagine how many angry customers they'd have if the item was reduced by 20% this soon o.O
it seems that puttin it on sale would angry some people, and not putting it on sale angers some people!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 PM.