Lt. Commander
# 61
09-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
After looking at the reason for the celebration of the American labour day, I'm quite shocked that you're actually celebrating the suppression of a labour union rather than supporting peoples right to strike.
You have got to be kidding me. Talk about a complete misreading of the history of our Labor Day, made all the more perplexing by the fact that Wikipedia has two reasonably good (though sadly short) entries under Labor Day and (as previously mentioned by Rekhan) Pullman Strike. If you really read either of those entries as "celebrating the suppression of a labour union," then I don't think we're reading remotely the same version of history.
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
the country of revodonia celebrates its holidays all year round

can i get a discount?
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh wow this has to go down as the stupidest thing i've read all year and thats saying alot i read lots of threads here =p

Though on an american holiday sale note alot of the stuff i buy online i either import or the game is from america so i learnt the american holidays years ago so i know when to expect sales, took me like 5 minutes, wasn't a big deal, saved me lots of money so yeah celebrate whatever holidays you like so long as sales are kept nice and predictable =D

Terra~
Lt. Commander
# 64
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Not when the horse in question has been taken from someone killed.
Now you're just trolling. I take that back, you've been trolling for a while, now you just dropped the pretenses.
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
You have got to be kidding me. Talk about a complete misreading of the history of our Labor Day, made all the more perplexing by the fact that Wikipedia has two reasonably good (though sadly short) entries under Labor Day and (as previously mentioned by Rekhan) Pullman Strike. If you really read either of those entries as "celebrating the suppression of a labour union," then I don't think we're reading remotely the same version of history.
Read that link about the Pullman strike and try and find where it says the union was successful and wasn't obstructed by the government and forced to stop which resulted in the death of strikers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
Now you're just trolling. I take that back, you've been trolling for a while, now you just dropped the pretenses.
I'm not trolling you used the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" the gift in this question being the discount, the reason for the gift the celebration of the American Labour day, which afaik as I understand is celebrated because people died as a result of the US government suppressing a strike.
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
I don't really understand who we're showing favoritism to, though, since everyone in the world can take advantage of the sale.
vulcans cant or martians. did you think about them......well did you? :p
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Ok how about I put it plainly, I don't think it's appropriate to benefit from a discount that's being used to celebrate a holiday I don't celebrate when my holidays ain't celebrated in the same fashion.
Cool, don't buy anything this weekend then. Wait until after the sale and pay full price. You have nothing to lose but your chains!
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
vulcans cant or martians. did you think about them......well did you? :p
Or Klingons. Once again, overlooking Klingons. /end tongue-in-cheek mode
Lt. Commander
# 69 What the hell?
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
This has to be the most inane thread I've ready in quite some time. I understand that Cryptic may not have sales on various country's holidays--but the fact is they ARE having a sale. Which is good news for all! Come one people--must we seriously complain about EVERY thing? I think Rekhan and Stormshade should get hazzard pay for having to deal with this kind of stuff.

Rekhan, we can get a thread closed please?
Lt. Commander
# 70
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Favoritism to what, exactly? We run sales on dates. We pick certain holidays because it's an easy milestone to remember and plan for, and it's long been American tradition for companies to run sales around specific holidays.

I don't really understand who we're showing favoritism to, though, since everyone in the world can take advantage of the sale.
Thats how game companies make money by running prommotions and such.. Its a great idea that there is discount days like these..It allows people to save up and buy the things they could not have recieved before the sale..This way,peeps who are wanting to get these things can do now at a reduced rate..You cares,what someones belief or staus is..IT's A GAME.. Have fun and buy it all up..Geezz..
Closed Thread