Lt. Commander
# 1 Customizable Transporters?
09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Well i was just thinking and i thought "Hey,i would really like a blue transporter with the effects of the one Shinzon used to snatch picard from sickbay"
Customizable transporters!

The way it would work is that in the ship customization screen there would be another button labelled "Transporter" where you can:
  • Choose from various transporter beam colours
  • Choose from various transporter beam styles such as the borg effect from TNG or the old style TOS effect.
  • Customize the length of the beamout/in sequence(Up to about 5 seconds for long beamouts and minimum half a second for fast Shinzon style transporters)
  • Possible ability to customize positions where you click to beamout such as the badge,the hand or the shoulder however you would have to set a preset amount locations as i can just imagine where idiots would place the transporter 'touch' button

You dont have to take any of these into account at all but i just thought i would throw in my 2 cents,or pence or whatever you call it where you come from

Oh and this should cost quite a substantial amount of credits,i say 5-10K for the colours to customize and 10-15K for the 'style' of the beam and 5K for the beamout time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I vote for fixing all the bugs and adding actual content before worrying about customizing transporters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
I vote for fixing all the bugs and adding actual content before worrying about customizing transporters.
Yeah well thats obviously first on the agenda but a game will always have bugs unless coded by jesus himself so they might as well add new content while fixing them.