Lt. Commander
# 1 R & D Help needed
09-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Hi

I am conducting research at Memory Alpha. I have completed the General R & D but I would like to know how I get started on the remaning R & D. IE to start I need 1x Energy/science/technology R & D to get on the ladder for these sections...... How do I get hold of one.

Cheers

Pedra
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure (I started the Memory Alpha stuff before the current form when it was even more of a grind (and you couldn't buy the base tech item from a vendor!)) if you go to the respective lab (not the center area where the exchange, bank, and mail consoles are) and speak to the NPCs in charge, you will get an option like "I'm ready to start researching" or something. This will give you 1 in that tech tree and allow you to start grinding points (once you get the lower level parts done and are ready for the Advanced section, talk to that NPC again and pick the "I'm ready for the Advanced Research" option (or something like that)).

I'm not at my home computer right now so I cannot confirm but that's what I remember.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Fantastic
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM
That was definetlyh the Ticket. Thanks dude. see if you cant find it in the Manuel how are you supposed to know. Awesome. I can now kick ass on the R N D

Cheers

Pedra