> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
I've been gone for quite a bit, doing a few things here and there and I settled back into STO.
And realized that there was a gigantic amount of updates between now and when I used to play, which was way back prior to Season 1.
So to help settle back in I'm hoping someone can answer these questions for me:
1 :: Is Fire At Will still really bad?
2 :: Is Torpedo Spread still really really really bad?
3 :: Are Science Ships still the least used type of ship?
4 :: Are there any sort of "summoners", i.e. motherships that use pets to do their fighting?
5 :: Are the Klingons still suffering from horrid PvE?
6 :: Did the early game(1-20) change significantly?
1. Fire at Will is used by a lot of people, escpecially cruisers; it was buffed at some point I think
2. IMO, yes
3. IMO, yes
4. Klingon carriers, although I'm not sure what fraction of their damage comes from pets; Engineers can summon quite a few pet-like devices on the ground. Science captains in space and Tactical captains on the ground have limited (far from class-defining) summoning abilities.
1) Depends. It's changed to a duration based ability that effects all of your beams. And while active, your beams do slightly higher damage. It's great for 1v1 for taking down mines/torps. Fire At Will 3 against 1 target is straight up deadly. But, as soon as even 1 other enemy is introduced, your effectiveness drops dramatically since you'll be splitting your fire.
2) I actually like it a lot. But if you use it, take note that they changed the FX so that it visually fires off a lot more torps... but it still does the same damage
3) Yes, Scis are still the minority
4) Klingon carriers. The Vo'Quv can be used to summon 2 swarms of fighters, 3 additional ships via Photonic Fleet, and an additional support ship via Fleet Support if you are below 50% hull.
5) Let's not talk about that
6) I haven't played those levels in forever, so I can't comment on that.