Lt. Commander
# 21
12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Here, here.

I especially want to hear about the absorption of non-Klingon into their fleet.

I think the 'civil' unrest in the federation is more parallel to the unrest seen in say the US congress, etc -- there are differences, but nothing to the point of civil unrest, war, secession, etc. I certainly do hope that the smaller 'Missions/Quests/Story lines' do show some of the 'dirt and grim' with in Federation Politics, etc.

As for the other Big Players, it is strange how 'quiet' the stories appear. I think there should be some mention in each update, as to remind us they have not disappeared off the star map.
Well,the Maquis left the Federation and even engaged Starfleet in some skirmishes, plus we have Section 31 which never had a problem with breaking ,,human's right''. I too hope that Cryptic integrates them in some form or the other in the game.
As for the non-Klingon races, joining the Empire doesn't surprise me as they are quite violent but what I'm curios about is the hierarchy in giving commands. I can see a Klingon allied with a Gorn but taking orders from him would be kind of weird. Plus,the Orion definitely don't have the sense of honor that defines the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Still no news on Picard and the Borg. I like whats happening with the Romulans and rift between the feds and klings.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Well i cant say I like where the idea of the Klingon-Federation drift is going. But I will say that the problems on romulas are really peaking my interest. And yes please put something in about Picard and the Borg. I want to know what the schemeing Borg are up to. Well thats all I have for now. So hows everyone doing? I heard about what happened to Majel. Quite frankly I am sorry to see her go.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirov View Post
First of all,how come the Federation is virtually the only power which doesn't have civil unrest? To be honest the idea of the Federation always being perfect has slightly ruined Star Trek for me...
Secondly, what's happening with the Dominion,Borg,Species 8472...these powers are way too aggressive to have stayed quiet for so long...
Other than these 2 minor observations,I like how the timeline is coming though, keep up the good work
Could it just be that the Federation citizens are content with what's going on in their space? That said, the Klingons also don't have civil unrest. Civil unrest would mean the public taking up arms, making protests or causing disturbances. None of that was stated to have happened in the Klingon Empire, only the restless uprising of Council hardliners. For that matter, neither do the Cardassians. Emergence of a religious sect which is looked upon unfavourably by an existing sect does not in itself constitute 'civil unrest'. If, however, your broad definition of civil unrest includes all these, then you could also count the furor over the mobile emitter as 'civil unrest'.

As for the other powers, have you noticed they're all in places far far away, The Borg and Species 8472 being in the Delta Quadrant (arguably) and the Dominion in the Gamma Quadrant? I would think that the Borg, having been dealt a serious setback in the destruction of their transwarp hub as well as Unimatrix One, will have to regroup and rebuild before they can expand into the Alpha Quadrant. Species 8472, live in fluidic space and with the nano-torpedoes Janeway developed, would be hesitant to invade the Alpha Quadrant. They were never that aggressive to begin with, only attacking when provoked by the Borg. The Dominion surrendered to the Federation although much of their military might was retained. I wouldn't think the Federation would look too kindly on them sending many ships through the wormhole. In any case, I always thought it was the Cardassians egging them on that led the Dominion to invade.

I think this was a great article. An excellent job giving the highlights of the major Alpha Quadrant powers,

P.S. Should it be 'capitol' or 'capital' in the first sentence of the second paragraph? I'd always thought riots were carried out on the streets of cities, in which case capital would apply. If it's capitol, it would imply that the rioting was confined to the Senate buildings.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
I love the Update it is drawing me more and more into the possibilities that could be happening.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Greetings.
I am intrigued to see what has become of my adopted empire during my last fleet deployment.
It is troubling to see such a desperate situation developing in the region of Romulus.. i keep a residance in.
My grocer had told me that the shipment was simply delayed by the solar wind storm around Vulcan.
But when she overlooked my decorated uniform and ask me for a ration card it was simply too much.
Now i must enforce discipline on my shore leave crew. Then petition command for supplies.
Then i encountered a interesting chess player claiming to be a Vulcan trader in the park near my villa.
At least he appreciated my Condor Borg defence service device with crossed sword and diamonds.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
"However, the fact that the matter went to the full Council for a vote is enough of an affront for QonoS to temporarily recall its ambassador to the Federation. "

Touchy huh ?
Lt. Commander
# 28 regarding latest update
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
It would be nice to have holographic crew on the bridge with their holo emitters, as well as having fully sentient androids...but what I really want to know is will there be any other rescued Borg, like 7 of 9..I'd love to have a former Borg within my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelesh View Post
"However, the fact that the matter went to the full Council for a vote is enough of an affront for QonoS to temporarily recall its ambassador to the Federation. "

Touchy huh ?

Both factions seem to have different ideas of what alliance means. The Federation thinks that it means they support each other in defense. The Klingons believe it means they support each other in defense or attacking. The Klingons are angry because their 'allies' not only are not supporting them, but are also insulting them. Given the differences in societies and the two different viewpoints, it was only a matter of time before a rift between the Federation and Empire happened again.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Great update Awen, and so far the romulan side of the story fits very well with what I would expect from all the Star Trek Novels I've read, especially the fleets defecting to Empress Donatra's side, the USS Titan series seems to indicate a large group of fleets that supported Donatra and her mentor Suran prior to her being declared Empress (which wasn't totally her decision).