> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Lately while leveling my Klingon character I have been noticing the following when it relates to the PVP matches:
1. Players play with a complete careless attitude, or even not at all. On many occasions I see members of my own team just sitting and waiting at the spawn point waiting for the match to finish to get there "X" and/or skill pnts.
2. PVP'ing on Klingon side for some reason nets you less and less skill pnts as you level up.
My opinion from my past MMO and even non-mmo experience, is that you need to have something to gain for people to care enough to try. Case in point is PVP here in STO. Winning a match nets you no noticeable gain over a loss.
My suggestion would be to implement a reward system for WINNING the pvp matches.
1. For all rank pre-level cap, it could be something simple like winning team earns double the skill points (I know you get more for winning, but it is not a noticeable difference).
2. For VA (level cap), you could modify the current pvp missions of participate in 10 Arenas and get skill pnts you don't need. Change it to WIN 5 matches in the arena and here is 3 emblems. This would be repeatable and NOT a daily. This last idea could be used at all ranks really, with a big skill pnt reward.
I would like your feedback on this and also would love to have a Dev drop by and let us know his 2 cents.
Sorry I belive Cryptic will never implement a change that would hurt their huge carebear/roleplaying population, that only do pvp because they get their emblems.
Honestly if it weren't for the emblems, I wouldn't PvE. It would be nice if there were a way to gain the same rewards through PvP alone.
I'd be happy if there were even marks for Mk XI green and blue gear through PvP. My old characters aren't in bad shape for gear, but when a new character hits VA they're stuck using 3 or 4 different types of energy weapons because they need to just buy whatever's cheap on the exchange, since there is no way other than emblems to earn gear.
Just about my favorite game from a standpoint of rewards has been Warhammer Online. It's fast and easy to level through PvP in that game, and if you level through PvP you'll pretty much stay in appropriate gear.
It's really ridiculous that you can only get emblems from PvP once per day. I'd like to PvP a lot more than that, but you get nothing for queuing after you do your daily.