Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Please read the red.
Once again, somebody defends a system which is horribly broken. Stand here and shout from the rooftops that the ground combat system in STO is wonderful.

The fact it, it is not.

It is sub par to almost every experience I have had in games for the last 25 years. It is unimaginative and lifeless. I would rather play Adventure on my old Atari system than mess with the ground game.

Sorry if you cannot see that that is the way a vast number of people view the ground game. If you don't believe it, just look up the number of posts praising the ground game vs the ones not praising it.

It is going to be revamped and Dstahl stated they may be looking at splitting up the skill tree to ground and space, so you can spec in both.

Until then, most players in this game will do what they have been doing since day 1

Avoiding the ground game like the plague.

And when it is worth playing I will dominate it like I do right now in space. But first it has to be worth my time.

So do yourself a favor, move the game forward by acknowledging the problems inside the system... help the game evolve..and then more people will join you in the part of the game you enjoy. But sticking your head in the sand and believing that it is all working as well as it ever could and ever should will only keep it where it is right now... vacant and avoided.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Once again, somebody defends a system which is horribly broken. Stand here and shout from the rooftops that the ground combat system in STO is wonderful.

The fact it, it is not.

It is sub par to almost every experience I have had in games for the last 25 years. It is unimaginative and lifeless. I would rather play Adventure on my old Atari system than mess with the ground game.

Sorry if you cannot see that that is the way a vast number of people view the ground game. If you don't believe it, just look up the number of posts praising the ground game vs the ones not praising it.

It is going to be revamped and Dstahl stated they may be looking at splitting up the skill tree to ground and space, so you can spec in both.

Until then, most players in this game will do what they have been doing since day 1

Avoiding the ground game like the plague.

And when it is worth playing I will dominate it like I do right now in space. But first it has to be worth my time.

So do yourself a favor, move the game forward by acknowledging the problems inside the system... help the game evolve..and then more people will join you in the part of the game you enjoy. But sticking your head in the sand and believing that it is all working as well as it ever could and ever should will only keep it where it is right now... vacant and avoided.

Sorry, because in my last post I proved that the system is not broken, you just dont like it. and here you are again saying you dont like it. I get it. But just because you dont like it, it doesnt mean the rest of us have to not like it or that the system is broken. Those of us that do Ground, love it. And I have played GW, SWG, Darkfall, other great ground games. In each game people cry about the system being broken. And it always tend to be people that suck at it. Go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
They way you CHC peeps reply to people shows many things about you. You call everyone noobs for instance.. i mean cmon. grow the frak up.

Noob is a state of mind, not a measure of ability. Hence you are the proverbial noobs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
They way you CHC peeps reply to people shows many things about you. You call everyone noobs for instance.. i mean cmon. grow the frak up.

Noob is a state of mind, not a measure of ability. Hence you are the proverbial noobs.
If you have not pvped on ground since beta and go on to talk about it as you know what you are talking about... what would you call that person? Why dont you question his credibility on this issue?

I dont go around talking about Space cause I am a noob in space.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Last time i played ground pvp properly was just before season 1 with Surgery.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Last time i played ground pvp properly was just before season 1 with Surgery.
The point is this dude has not played it since beta and he is saying its broken. He has nothing to stand one, so I will call him out on it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
i'd like to thank everyone for their bumps and replies, positive or negative. i checked the numbers and over 120 people have checked it out, usually my pvp vids get around a dozen views.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
The point is this dude has not played it since beta and he is saying its broken. He has nothing to stand one, so I will call him out on it.
If there is a dish lying broken on the ground, and nobody fixes the dish... I guarantee if I come back to said dish later... it will still be broken.

"Call out" whatever you wish. I don't need to stub my toe on the wall a second time to remind me that it really hurts.

Back to space pvp

See you there....... oh wait.... guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
If there is a dish lying broken on the ground, and nobody fixes the dish... I guarantee if I come back to said dish later... it will still be broken.

"Call out" whatever you wish. I don't need to stub my toe on the wall a second time to remind me that it really hurts.

Back to space pvp

See you there....... oh wait.... guess not.
Dude you were already proven wrong that nothing you said means the ground pvp is broken. You just dont like it. Just stick o space and post about the part of the game you actually have experience playing. If there are any issues with ground, allow the people that actually do ground, to talk about it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:

We call a spade, a spade.