Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Please read the red.
Once again, somebody defends a system which is horribly broken. Stand here and shout from the rooftops that the ground combat system in STO is wonderful.

The fact it, it is not.

It is sub par to almost every experience I have had in games for the last 25 years. It is unimaginative and lifeless. I would rather play Adventure on my old Atari system than mess with the ground game.

Sorry if you cannot see that that is the way a vast number of people view the ground game. If you don't believe it, just look up the number of posts praising the ground game vs the ones not praising it.

It is going to be revamped and Dstahl stated they may be looking at splitting up the skill tree to ground and space, so you can spec in both.

Until then, most players in this game will do what they have been doing since day 1

Avoiding the ground game like the plague.

And when it is worth playing I will dominate it like I do right now in space. But first it has to be worth my time.

So do yourself a favor, move the game forward by acknowledging the problems inside the system... help the game evolve..and then more people will join you in the part of the game you enjoy. But sticking your head in the sand and believing that it is all working as well as it ever could and ever should will only keep it where it is right now... vacant and avoided.