Lt. Commander
# 11
09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
The nerf hit hard I used to heal 2300 a sec for 30 secs now its 300 a sec for 30 secs. :/
The resist is nice though. 51%
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak

Other than it being a ridiculous tank which required no skill whatsoever (I was bored out of my fracking mind) I did notice one thing in particular...
Agreed.

Cruiser Vs cruiser combat is a snore, a total waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
The real hack in STO is a klingon named K'eg.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I've gone back to flying a Cruiser again for the past couple of days (since I went and gave Cryptic even more money - it was on sale). As with everything in this game, it sure isn't coming easy (to me), lol. I've enjoyed it though. Maybe that's just because I really like the Galaxy class.

I'm definitely having survivability issues. I tend to unload all of my heals, sometimes because thing look that bad and other because of clumsy fingers. One thing I've always had a problem with is that when rushing into (or just back to) a fight I have a team mate targeted from 25km away and they hold their own until I hit 10.1km. I'm not sure, but it feels like I'm firing some invisible super weapon that finishes them off. So I let myself get suckered into rushing the enemy like I know I'm not supposed to, lol.

I'm trying to be a little different in my set up, and being a Science captain I'm short a few pretty important abilities. I've toyed with HY1 and APD but I'm trying APB now and it's ok but my damage is horrible at best. I think I might try cutting back to 5, or even 4, beams and running some extra torpedoes for opportunity burst damage. It's wishful thinking at best.

I still can't handle the camera, be it follow target or free. I prefer chase on my BoP but the turn rate obviously makes that harder. So targeting (yeah, I'm a tab targeter primarily) gets complicated especially with how close and how fast people move around, lol. Might not be so bad if I could zoom out a little more.

Anyway, I think all that blabbering was mostly meant to say that every time I think I've got something figured out, you guys show me another way to send my ship to the scrapper. So while it may be crazy easy or boring for some I guess I make it pretty challenging just by being me. Ah likez meh sum challenge!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Don't need to hack when flying a cruiser. Just facemash.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I'm definitely having survivability issues.
I should mention that I was healing spec in a Star Cruiser (but also Science). I eventually swallowed my pride and picked up RSP so I could spend all my heals on someone else then be invulnerable while they cooled down.