Lt. Commander
# 61
08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas-ava
I liked the voiceovers Chase Masterson did but I wish you could shut them off after a while if you wanted to.
turn the voice volume down
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
yeah, my only problem is that she's so load, you can hear her from the Fed beam-in point at drozona, clear across the station from the Dabo table
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't possible. The actress who provided the original LCARS and Computer voices, Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, is deceased

Unless, of course, you mean various audio clips from the series that have been touched up and adapted for use in the game.
Prior to her death, there was an advertisement on the Roddenberry website about a CD library of computer voiceovers that could be used in different productions (fan-based webisodes like "Star Trek Phase II," "Hidden Frontier," etc).

It disappeared from their website before she died, so I wonder if the idea got started then scrapped, scrapped entirely, or if it's still there somewhere, waiting to be burned to CDs.

It wouldn't kill Cryptic to contact them and ask.

That said, Kudos to Cryptic for listening to the fans and getting Chase involved - and shame on them for not giving a tip of the hat in their announcement to KirkFat's hard push on these forums to make that happen in the first place. It wasn't Cryptic's idea.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Subspace-radio.net is also interviewing Chase Masterson live on Sep. 6th at 7:30pm Central / 12:30am British Summer Time.

If you have any questions for Miss Masterson then let us know here Some may even be asked to do it live!
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1982
"Fans have always asked when there was going to be a game of Dabo. Cryptic's version is everything I had hoped it would be fun, strategically challenging, and rewarding on many levels," says Masterson. "We've recorded some fun little extras, as well. I'm looking forward to hearing the fans' response."
Uhm, okay? Where's this version of Dabo then? Last I checked, the ENTIRE Dabo game could be played by a G15 keyboard set to mouse-click every couple seconds. Then you leave it overnight.

At least it was fun for a bit.