Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Narenda III? Khitomer? That area.

One advantage is that area also includes the Archer system. Why is that interesting you ask? Because the "real name" of that system is also the name of the Kzinti homeworld.

A Kzinti/Caitian dispute would do a lot to elevate these races from the "lorelol" status some fans attribute to them and bring them more into the gameworld.

Plus... You could work in M'Ress. It would be nice to see a former Enterprise Bridge Crew member and I can't imagine anything that would keep you from pulling her in for a Caitian/Kzinti arc.

That's also where Empress Sela was conceived so you might see some shady Romulan activity stirring everything up.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-07-2010, 11:34 AM
yes thanks for the replys, my arguments for content are more todo with the kdf as a hole and not just my own personal enjoyment as my own personal enjoyment comes from playing with other people on the kdf side. the biggest wall we have on the kdf side is players burn themselves out trying to lvl the kdf.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well then that takes care of my concerns as far as that matter goes. Thanks for the replies
I does not fix my concern...I mean what counter cloak detection will we have so that we can actually play pvp when the nebula comes out? If they can detect us whilst 10km away, then what's the use of us using a cloak...But when they use cloaks, we have NO cloak detection on the Klingon side...that's not just game-changing but game-breaking. I posted some comments on the Nebula page here on the forums. What do the devs have for us to combat this? I would hate to see every Klingon stay out of PVP just because everybody that can afford CP is flying a nebula.....

Lt. Commander
# 34
09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I does not fix my concern...I mean what counter cloak detection will we have so that we can actually play pvp when the nebula comes out? If they can detect us whilst 10km away, then what's the use of us using a cloak...But when they use cloaks, we have NO cloak detection on the Klingon side...that's not just game-changing but game-breaking. I posted some comments on the Nebula page here on the forums. What do the devs have for us to combat this? I would hate to see every Klingon stay out of PVP just because everybody that can afford CP is flying a nebula.....

While it would be nice if Dstahl could personally address everyone of our concerns. His comments here have gone a long way to showing us more of what the Devs have in store on the content side for the KDF. We should be thankful that he stopped in.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The design of the system calls for a shared resource library and each player has a set amount of projects they can be working on. You could then share projects with one another and collaborate on them together (although I think only one person can have it checked out at a time). If someone is really good at making environements, they could do that part - then someone else could write the dialog - someone else could make the NPC costumes - and someone else could design the combat parts. It is a slick idea and add in the ratings system and I'm hoping that we'll be able to see some really good missions come up in the ratings really fast once this goes live.
this was one of the few questions i wanted to ask about UGC, i really believe that collaborations will make player created missions shine. I think that the system you have described so far will add so much to this game on both KDF and federation sides; it could also help add a lot of strength to the communities in game. i can't wait to see this engine and i'm excited about what we could all collectively make.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
... add in the ratings system and I'm hoping that we'll be able to see some really good missions come up in the ratings really fast once this goes live.
Glad there will be a rating system. I like the idea of UGC, but I don't want to get stuck playing crappy missions. A rating system will let us avoid having to sort thru the missions written in TNG style (goals like "have a conference", "reach a consensus with your staff", "hug a random crewmember") and get straight into the good stuff, written TOS style (goals like "Tell everyone how its going to be or they can suck it", "Show primitive species holding out on precious resources why it sucks to be a primitive species", "nail an alien woman (+1 bonus emblem if she is green)". I could play any of those.
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Narenda III? Khitomer? That area.

One advantage is that area also includes the Archer system. Why is that interesting you ask? Because the "real name" of that system is also the name of the Kzinti homeworld.

A Kzinti/Caitian dispute would do a lot to elevate these races from the "lorelol" status some fans attribute to them and bring them more into the gameworld.

Plus... You could work in M'Ress. It would be nice to see a former Enterprise Bridge Crew member and I can't imagine anything that would keep you from pulling her in for a Caitian/Kzinti arc.

That's also where Empress Sela was conceived so you might see some shady Romulan activity stirring everything up.
We have learned from CBS that we will not be able to feature the Kzinti as a playable faction as their backstory and specifics are tied to Niven's literary works and our current license does not cover that. (We were able to use the Caitians as they appeared outside of the animated series)

Instead we are investigating what other feline-like species might be allied with the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
We have learned from CBS that we will not be able to feature the Kzinti as a playable faction as their backstory and specifics are tied to Niven's literary works and our current license does not cover that. (We were able to use the Caitians as they appeared outside of the animated series)

Instead we are investigating what other feline-like species might be allied with the KDF.
Please possible create a canoid species or allows us to have some canoid features in the character creator! I've been wanting a canoid since almost my first post on these forums
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:

Just make up one :p
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Please possible create a canoid species or allows us to have some canoid features in the character creator! I've been wanting a canoid since almost my first post on these forums
Do you mean a 4 legged creature or more "canoid" like facial features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just make up one :p
Well if our "investigation" doesn't turn up anything related, we will most likely invent our own feline like species for the KDF to play.