Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
09-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Let's see here...
"Exploits"...or if you prefer "Over powered tactics"? I think "Exploit" as in "using very powerful existing game mechanics to your advantage" applies...
Kit Swapping/Buff Stacking - in the game at one time (BO Swapping was also...not sure if it still is)
Riflebutt Spamming (hold til expose, then *poof*) - in the game at one time
Forward roll Flank Sniping/Auto Riflebutt Hold combos - In the game at one time
Spawn camping - in the game at one time
Cryo grenade spamming - in the game at one time
Tribble buff stacking - in the game at one time
Drone Stacking - in the game at one time
Jump/Roll (to get into a "un-accessible" position where no one can melee you or even shoot at you, like on top of the Otha cube, and in many cases, griefing people trying to plant the virus by not allowing it through shooting them) - in the game at one time
Otha instance swapping (Admiral joining Lt. instances, and in many cases, helping/farming/killing the Lt's...you know...griefing) - in the game at one time
Did I miss anything here?

All part of the game "At one time or another". I seriously cannot tell how many have been fixed, but I know a few have for sure. Have fun justifying ones y'all have used over the months. Keep in mind when you do try to justify yourself using A.B, or C, how many have already been addressed/fixed already and "why" your "valid tactic" was "fixed". Prolly Cryptics way of hurting you personally, or something like that? "Game Balance" nerfing? Nerfing "your class"? Nerfing "Your uber playstyle"? How about the best one..."It was in the game, and therefore a valid tactic/action, I have no idea why Cryptic took it away" (That one is really the best one in my personal opinion). But one thing is for sure in most cases, MOST of them were fixed for "some" reason.

Now, I will certainly admit, after being told how (by someone in a Fleet mentioned in THIS VERY THREAD even!), I have participated in Otha Instance swapping, but 100% of the time it was to kill OTHER Admirals. I never griefed one Lt, never...NEVER. IMO that's about as classless as it gets, and the ONLY "reason" of such an action is to ruin someones fun.
This is one I actually have screenshots of when Admirals have griefed my Lt, or helped other Lt's (via healing them with an Admiral) kill my Lt. Griefing through exploiting is...err...distasteful, right? (Or as one of our posters here who is complaining about the "Exploiters" put so casually..."Harmless antics on Otha" or something along those lines...)

Other than that...hmmm...drawing a blank here....nope, nothing. Managed to actively resist, out of principle no differently than any other "mature" person has also done. I know I am not alone for sure. Just an "Immature" anomaly somehow pulling off a perceived "Mature" act...stranger things have happened I guess *shrug*

Anyone else want to weigh in?
I am sure all the finger pointers along ye ole thread here have perfectly "Clean slates", eh? I mean, I am sure before someone expresses "Outrage" at others for "Exploiting", they themselves have NEVER done it themselves, if for nothing else than to keep their own conscious clean, right? Or....or, don't tell me it can possibly be true...we have people engaging in hypocrisy? I refuse to believe that! That would shatter my "Life view" to pieces, I do not know if I could ever recover. That would be "permanent damage" for sure.
But, before you do weigh in, people have screen shots and videos...so be careful! heh!

And no mikiy, I am not complaining, quite the reverse, I think it is funny as hell. Made my day to see how much "immaturity" is filed away into peoples memories (for the record, I was thinking more along the lines of wrist scars being a badge of your angst...but, whatever...). I was always under the impression "Mature" people shrugged off "Immaturity"...at least, that's what I was always led to believe. I know in my house, if I "filed away" bad things my kids have said to me, done, and when they yelled at the dog, and brought em out for a ****ing contest when it suited me, it would be a very strange house, for sure. But, perhaps I am delusional...
But I do think "Immature" (not to mention insinuations about being "thick skulled") is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me, and it depresses me greatly. I hope some "Hero" will step up and defend defenseless me and slay the meanie "Monsters"

Now, go ahead guys!
Who wants to "Cast the first stone"?
Who wants to be the first "Justifiable/Apologist"?
Step on up!
This should be about as fun as when I am going to punish one kid for acting up, he points to the other and says "But HE did THIS!"
This is getting funner by the day!
I mean, seriously, y'all are priceless!
Lt. Commander
# 92
09-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocks View Post
And no mikiy, I am not complaining, quite the reverse, I think it is funny as hell. Made my day to see how much "immaturity" is filed away into peoples memories! I was always under the impression "Mature" people shrugged off "Immaturity"
Theres quite a difference between forgetting what someone said and ignoring it.

I did shrug off your immature "venom spewing hate" (your words) towards me, I didn't comment on it in the past either. I merely pointed out to you that your quite the hypocrite when you complain about such thing to others while you seem to be quite big on inappropriate personal attacks yourself.

I don't need to cast any stone towards you, you do that yourself all the time - its all on the board to read and since you do that towards other people as well (this threat is just giving a fine example) its not hard to find either.
Lt. Commander
# 93
09-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Yea mikiy...
Please direct me to a spot where I complained (in any sort of seriousness, or hell...even at all?) about people "venom spewing hate".
Then we an delve into the "hypocrisy", K?
I underlined it for you there big guy, just so you don't miss it.
And there you go again, calling names...how mean!
Keep on holding those resentments dude, gonna make for a spectacular, happy life!
Now...just run back to the game and do what you do best, team up with a few buds and utterly pwn n00bs in the LCom and Com tiers where you can kill at will with little or no threat (laughing at the n00bs all the way while you're at it).
And try to remember R-E-A-D-I-N-G C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-O-N.
Not only is it the cornerstone of human civilization as we know it, it's also your friend!
Lt. Commander
# 94
09-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Now, back to the "Contest", eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
But that doesn't change the facts or remove a huge black mark on his reputation that will forever brand him.
Who is gonna get the next "Permanent reputation black mark"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww
Unlike you I am the very first person to be ABSOLUTELY ENRAGED by anyone who ever exploited bugs on a nightly basis, such as kit swapping and stacking 51 tribble buffs and logging out of matches
Also, do I need to update the "Exploit" list? Am I missing an "Exploit" here?
OMG...I think I have just been called an "Exploiter" by meeowww!
Who woulda thunk it!
Lt. Commander
# 95 wow guys...
09-06-2010, 12:42 PM
really wow...

1. This thread was about me shooting through walls and i do...i have that gun that everyone mentioned. the thread should have ended here.

2.pairadox stop trolling u hypocritical troll... u always label yourself as weak and defenseless when you are actually pretty good...

3.everyone else stop counter trolling... it's not helping and your just feeding the little *******...

4.Alan is a hacker and there is plenty of proof. yes he hasn't used them(or at least not visibly) recently but he is a hacker nonetheless...

ok? end this thread now...
Lt. Commander
# 96
09-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treemonkey60
4.Alan is a hacker and there is plenty of proof. yes he hasn't used them(or at least not visibly) recently but he is a hacker nonetheless...
Hacker?
I don't think so.
Trolling?
Depends on how you define it I guess. Since the thread IS about Exploiters...
Exploiter? (what this thread turned into almost instantaneously)
Yea...OK
If you use that word instead of "hacker", I can buy it. Lord knows my Lt. on Otha has been killed enough by your Admiral that we can attach credibility to your statement towards the fact you know what you're talking about! Could even add "Griefer" to the list!
Fun stuff, but in a way....sad.
Lt. Commander
# 97
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
hacker exploiter...no diff I'm just using hacker because in this game exploits are a game mechanic which usually end up with some one being vaporized...

as for a troll --> http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r.../trollface.jpg

now your pointing out irrelevant information that has nothing to do with this thread even if i did.

anyone who posts under this is either a huge troll that doesn't know when to stop or is someone who is being trolled hard.
Lt. Commander
# 98
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey, an exploit is an exploit...you either do it or not.
A griefer is a griefer...you either do it or not.
There really is NO gray area here.
Generally it goes without really saying, if you call out someone for something "bad", it is because you do not do it yourself, and it is something that you would like to see fixed, or have the GM's met out punishment for.
That just does not seem to be the case in this thread, eh?
Nice of you to inform us all that the fact is if anyone who posts under you has to be a troll...good to have an omnipotent being keep us all in line and inform us of such things. Your opinion, after all, is the only "factual" one in the world. God knows, I am sure there is a line of people who would rather see the thread die rather than being outted themselves.
I would love nothing more than to see the thread die, and all the lame accusation throwing (instigated by people with shady pasts themselves) die with it. Seriously.
Bottom line, if you exploit, then call other people out for it, and at the same time you are trying to maintain your "innocence", it is just retarded (among other words...). You got half a point I agree with, in that those that do this exploit stuff probably would be better served staying quiet (Except you of course Treemonkey60).
Keep hunting those Lt's with your Admirals bro.