Lt. Commander
# 331
03-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I do not allow my fleet to use it in Fed vs Fed matches and we never lose.

Honestly only it's only a crutch that is used by very bad players who have no other means to do damage.

The players who have the least amount of skill and defend it till the end you can spot for a mile away.

Their typical response is, "Hey man you can just stop shooting!"

That's a sure sign of an unskilled PvPer.

We all get a chuckle every time a baddie uses that line. It's great stuff.

Either way it doesn't affect us so if the bad players want to continue to use it that's great for us.

It just means they've wasted an otherwise useful Sci slot.
Lt. Commander
# 332 Aceton Field
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Aceton Field diminishes FBP. If they're shooting raindrops at you, make them glow.
Lt. Commander
# 333
09-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Feedback pulse has a lot of issues, including:

1) Damage bypasses shields
2) Damage exceeds damage recieved for zero power cost (even at tier 1 of power)
3) damage only applies to beams, so it handicaps cruisers and sci ships

Ignore the rabid defenders. There were people who defended MES even when you could buff and swap Bridge Officers and drop mines while cloaked using it, and capture points and be completely immune to revealment even at 0km distance by sci ships.

If anything, the rabid defenders get these things nerfed worse because it makes it obvious to the devs that they are actively exploiting it if they make the effort to defend an exploit. (carrier deployables?)
admittedly i never do pvp, but it doesn't bother me in pve, the enemy shields tend to be down in a few seconds with my beam attacks and dead 1-2 seconds later and it damages my ship like it would with standard weapons, but if its a real issue in pvp, despite not doing pvp myself, i do think it should be balanced, so i suggest that for the duration of feedback pulse, all weapon energy, no matter how high it is will be put to zero and will not recharge, when the duration is finished, they recharge again.

Which means they will be unable to fight, if thats what you mean...
Lt. Commander
# 334
09-08-2010, 06:14 AM
urgh necro argh thread .. need urgh brains .. *moves zombie-like*
Lt. Commander
# 335
09-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Jesus Christ old thread is old. 25th Feb....... FBP has been nerfed like hell till now.
Why did ya dig that out.
Lt. Commander
# 336
09-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Oddly enough I hardly ever see FBP in pvp, if at all, and I fail to see the problem with it. Is RSP not an effective counter to it? Besides wasn't it nerfed to near uselessness in 1.2?
This thread reeks of " I need an excuse to claim something is OP".
Lt. Commander
# 337
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Someone just brought an old thread back from the dead in the Cruiser forums too.

No one reply let it die.
Closed Thread