Lt. Commander
# 81
09-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
be happy u can get normal sleep and be tired, i get 4 hours sleep per 2 days maybe when im lucky.
You'd think that. Then I'm up at in the wee morning hours posting on forums while waiting on the file patcher.
Lt. Commander
# 82
09-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I'm honestly not sure how one would go about setting that up in our engine. Generally buffs like that come from an item or a power. I won't go into the nuts and bolts, but suffice to say that from what I know of the tools (which is admittedly less than Stahl or any of the other content/system designers), this would be very time consuming to set up and process-intensive to run. Maybe not impossible, but probably a lot of work.

It might be easier to send a variable with a message that turns something on or off, like a specialty vendor who's available when a given side controls a particular map or something. Or maybe someone will hook something up with UGC. But I'm just going crazy right now 'cuz it's 2 AM here and I just drove for 7 hours.
I prefer the vendor approach. And maybe it could also affect crafting? Certain locations might need to be accessed to craft certain items. WHile visible in the Crafting Tree, you cannot create it on Memory Alpha or say, Rura Pentha, you have to be at the Eta Eridani Fleet Yards...
Lt. Commander
# 83
09-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Well for one, I am actually glad that they have decided to share with us information about what they are doing. It helps when they actually post information about what they are doing, what they are experiencing on this side so that at least we have some sort of voice...lol
Lt. Commander
# 84
09-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
Maybe some Bat'leth tournaments. Wouldn't it be cool to have those? House vs. House wars.
I was surprised that there wasn't a way to just fight with Bat'leths in game. I would like to see as a part of my wishlist some sort of melee only option in ground pvp, or a location where I could have a challenge melee match, either against a NPC, or better yet a PC.

To add my votes to the wish list

1. Some sort of Consequences PvP, either in the form where its not just the pvp maps where it can occur; or one in which the outcome of the match will shift something within the game universe either permanently until the other side shifts it back. I would like my battles to matter.

2. An end to KvK cloaking stalemates. I would like to fight in something other then an "empty" map.

3. Some sort of House System whereby my actions and/or the actions of my fleet would affect the greater universe as a whole. By the same token, I would also like to see something similar in terms of the Fed side, with actions of my fleet and alliances between fleets having tangible in game effects.
Lt. Commander
# 85
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
well peace out and all that, im at the end of the road for even dreaming up new stuff, ill leave this to you guys.

edit, this is in no way a slap in the face to anyone with the ideas put forward here with mine, this post shall still stay here, ill also be ingame still for a while but after the these numbers show this and this demographic says that argument i can see us not getting anything beyond a shiny coat, some ships and ugc to fill the gap.

i seriously hope im wrong about that but i have just pre ordered dark milli CE along with my clan so if it does change there is a 100% chance i wont see that content before DM is out. ill stay and have a natter with you guys still on the forums until that points obviously but i cannot see the point of me investing my time into something that will not invest time back into myself.
Lt. Commander
# 86
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I'm honestly not sure how one would go about setting that up in our engine. Generally buffs like that come from an item or a power. I won't go into the nuts and bolts, but suffice to say that from what I know of the tools (which is admittedly less than Stahl or any of the other content/system designers), this would be very time consuming to set up and process-intensive to run. Maybe not impossible, but probably a lot of work.

It might be easier to send a variable with a message that turns something on or off, like a specialty vendor who's available when a given side controls a particular map or something. Or maybe someone will hook something up with UGC. But I'm just going crazy right now 'cuz it's 2 AM here and I just drove for 7 hours.
Just treat it as a Buff that is assigned to all of one faction or another whenever they login and remains until the buff is turned off for them...

Like a Science Team Buff from Q
Lt. Commander
# 87
09-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Just treat it as a Buff that is assigned to all of one faction or another whenever they login and remains until the buff is turned off for them...

Like a Science Team Buff from Q
That sounds like a great idea for everybody...
Lt. Commander
# 88
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
with light of the ugc description how much of these ideas could be made demo'able via the sandbox ugc. if you can identify parts of this that could be done via this would you please let yourself be known and see if we can get a group together to try and build this in the ugc.