Lt. Commander
# 41
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
Sooooo.....Fed only??? are u kidding???? Did Starfleet suddenly turn into a Mercenary organization? It makes no sense for this to be for the feds, it screams Klingon faction, in fact the nausicaans for example are mercenaries!!! They hired themselves out as Mercenaries to the Gorn in the war they had with the Klingons, i really think that cryptic are losing the plot now with this really bizare decision.
i believe the issue according to dstahl is a technical one. they are having some problems with the alien bo's if it was on duty for both factions it would be available for the bridge officers and that would cause the technical hiccup.

he did say they would look at ways to try and fix that, so i have hope that at some point Klingon and bridge officers will get them.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Ok I can see the mercenary outfits for RP of Maquis and granted these were requested. They look pretty good and certainly fits the Maquis look. Will there be a KDF variant?
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
c-store team is not independent of the forums and the game. They are separate from the STO team in some BS fashion. BUt we know the deal already that what we ask for in polls will obviously be in the c-store(granted we did not ask for this crap). if you did not try to be such a smart ars you would comprehend the logic in my disagreement with these useless items.

Bring items to the c-store. sure you have to make your money some how but, bring them with function in the game. that way you not only increase your market growth and subscribers who will buy the items but also more people will want to get the game. The time for non functional attributes should be over with STO. Cryptic and All teams with regards to STO its season 2, let us go forward with new items that have functionality in the game.

While i wont buy the item i will not be silence to the facts that to many items in the game do not bring function to the game and are not even canon based. Why would a federation officer wear a mercenary outfit. the two dont go hand in hand. Even at the bit of being a rogue fleet in the federation,(highly unlikely) you cant raid any federation bases of other fleets because there are none or klingon territory because its all pvp.
If they're useless then don't buy them. I've been waiting for these myself personally for RP aspect and as such, bought them the second I logged in (saved my CP from the sale hehe). We're getting new items (cryo grenades anyone?), and as for your not even canon based argument... Have you played STO? :p In the end, this is a game. It's not a TV show for ST, nor will it ever be. Otherwise we'd be hard pressed to find things to do not to mention traveling would take DAYS if we followed canon. Stormy stated awhile back quite logically why this isn't hard canon and rightfully so. You'd spend days via warp, as a LT wouldn't even have a ship, take years to get up too captain, and the list goes on.

But I do agree, we need more functional new toys :p
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I like the new outfits, though I'm with everyone else for additional "off duty" slots.

And I think a sleeveless version of the mercenary suits would look kinda cool. And fit in with those of us who like the MU TOS outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I only have one question....

Where's the eye patch? I know I saw an eye patch in a screenshot somewhere. I wish I could find said screenshot..

Edit: Found it.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I think that pic was early art may not have made it to finale outfit.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
'MACO' anyone?

All I need to make a MACO is a MACO rifle now; with toggle-able sniper scope!
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I just have to voice how stupid I think merc clothing is for Starfleet members. This is something that should have been made for a freelancer faction when ever that would happen. If it didn't then that is fine. Mercs do not get command and a commission in Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonaos View Post
I only have one question....

Where's the eye patch? I know I saw an eye patch in a screenshot somewhere. I wish I could find said screenshot..

Edit: Found it.
I remember that screen shot... You mean to say the eye patch didn't make it into the final product? WTF? I was looking forward to that (had a great RP story on how the eye was lost, too)

Also, are there any other customizations? For example, can I wear the sweater and vest only, without the arm braces or chest bandolere. Is the belt optional or a required part of the pants?

Damn, it's too bad these are "Off Duty" - I would love to add at least the belt, and probably the bandolere to my regular Starfleet uniform.

Really Cryptic, you guys just need to do away with this whole on/off duty costume thing and just unite the clothing. I know there's some sort of "technical differences" between the two, but fix 'em. Before you make any more of either, make sure they're one united type/slot with universal mixable parts. Please!

And why aren't these available for Klingons? Klingons are playable as a Federation Race (from the C-Store, no less).
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
The costumes are pretty cool, although it's too bad you can't combine the with uniform pieces. (So no grenade bandoliers plus skirts and thigh boots, alas!)

One small bug(?): Males can wear gloves with it, but not females.