Lt. Commander
# 11
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I'm happy to hear that I have lots to look forward too.

I haven't used a mouse to steer, though I've thought about it. I actually don't use the mouse at all. I have everything keybound to my number pad, but I realize this is only going to work so long as I don't have a lot of powers/abilities/weapons. I've also been reading the threads on more complex keybinds (like an alpha strike). The only problem I routinely have is targeting--I have it set so I can tab select off screen targets but it seems like it doesn't work sometimes. I also lose time tabbing through targets to try to find the one that's the focus of team mates' fire.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, thanks to all.

Watch some of my movies where I stear with the mouse to get an understanding on how you wanna be able to do it maybe it will help.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
thanks...I'd find some movies really helpful.

I'd really like to see how people use the mouse. I'm also really curious about how folks adjust power levels on the fly. I've just begun experimenting with that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd turn off tabbing through offscreen targets. Tehre will be more than enough onscreen targets most times.
Quote:
also lose time tabbing through targets to try to find the one that's the focus of team mates' fire.
If you click an ally then press fire you will fire on their target, conversely if you click an enemy and use an ally heal you will heal the enemy's target. (This is with default settings.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
That's perfect thanks...I've been looking through the forums for a little while, and haven't every seen anyone mention the clicking on the ally to fire on their target thing (though I maybe haven't been looking in the right places). That will help a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Another tip,

f1 will target yourself

f2-f5 will target your player teammates (not boffs) in the order they are listed in the team window