Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Note: Apparently it's not a guaranteed fix. There are some people that, for whatever reason, this work-around doesn't work. That said, worked perfectly for me. Thanks again DoggyDude!
Hah, yeah I talked to someone in my fleet last night and she said that every so often it will work for her, but not often, so I guess I just have to check the tailor every single day...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
09-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Two questions:

Is the eyepatch part of this pack, at all?

Can the eyepatch be used in the standard uniforms?

If either question is no, then I'm not going to buy this.

Cryptic, you want to sell me on costume bits? How about selling costume bits and accessories we can use with the standard uniform models? I know I'm asking for trouble by asking for these as C-Store addons,but I think we're past the point where you'd add anything to the game "as part of the subscription fee".

Off-duty uniforms can take a flying leap for all I care. I only bothered with a "casual wear" costume, but I like my standard uniform much better thank you very much.

At least with Champions (it I actually cared to play it), I didn't have to worry about integrating new costume bits into my old costume because they used the same engine.

I realize this isn't a superhero game but this costume creator is much weaker than the Champions version in how everything is organized.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
So the continued lack of klingon specific or shared items in the C-Store is because?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithnor View Post
Is the eyepatch part of this pack, at all?

Can the eyepatch be used in the standard uniforms?

...At least with Champions... I didn't have to worry about integrating new costume bits into my old costume because they used the same engine...
I bought the uniform last night. The answers to your questions are No and N/A. Sad, right?

For those curious, here was a dev pic from a while ago that showed an eye patch:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/att...4&d=1276295987
(Link thanks to Sonaos' post above.)

Sure would have been nice if they had included that. And I totally agree with Raithnor that the on/off duty uniform costume segregation is LAME. All parts should work with all clothes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Actually, I think MACOs are being investigated as a separate set when the Enterprise uniforms hit.
You may not have seen it, but I have just fell off the back of my chair when I read that, seriously.

If that's not true, I WILL KILL YOU!

PLEASE MAKE A REAL MACO SET!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleglas View Post
You may not have seen it, but I have just fell off the back of my chair when I read that, seriously.

If that's not true, I WILL KILL YOU!

PLEASE MAKE A REAL MACO SET!!!!
I'm really looking forward to being able to set department uniforms for my ship NPCs. When that day comes, my plan is to set the MACO uniform as default wear for every tactical NPC on my ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
BTW, I was pleased to discover you can mix and match the mercenary gear with any offduty uniform aside from formal wear. The bigger belts clip with the more flowing robes but I have an epic looking Starfleet Klingon alt now. (And wish my KDF Klingon could look half as awesome.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
09-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
So the continued lack of klingon specific or shared items in the C-Store is because?
There are less Klingons than Feds and one of the reasons for this is there is less Klingon content than Fed content... a lot less... and much of the Klingon content is 'lite' versions of Fed content...i.e. certain features are removed... no wandering DSE's in Klingon space, vastly less uniform choices, less ships (NO retrofits), no crafting, no anomaly mini-games, no functioning tricorders, no diplomacy, in Cold Call the ambassador does not beam over to the Klingon ship the way he does for the Feds, etc etc etc....

And so there are less and less Klingon players by the day as they slowly bleed away because every time Cryptic release new Fed content without also releasing comparable Klingon content, more K side players say F**k this and quit the game in disgust.

And far from narrowing the gap, they are widening it.... they added the Excelsior even though the Feds already have FOUR retrofits and Klingon have ZERO (Feds get content... Klingons get vague promises).

Strange business model if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
09-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
BTW, I was pleased to discover you can mix and match the mercenary gear with any offduty uniform aside from formal wear. The bigger belts clip with the more flowing robes but I have an epic looking Starfleet Klingon alt now. (And wish my KDF Klingon could look half as awesome.)
Myself and mate both had the same idea.Tux plus all those Grenades/ammo pouches, and going and stomping on hostiles with class!!

The other bugger is you can't show your kit on the costume, as I reckon that would have looked awesome with a Tactical kit on.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.