Lt. Commander
# 31
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Self-centered much?
Extremely. How about you?

Quote:
Both factions hemorrhaged significantly after release. Believe it or not the world doesn't revolve around the KDF.
Not comparable. Our Fed fleet has not seen nearly as many Fed-oriented people leave the game (1000+ to about 500) as our Klingon fleet has seen (500 active toons/100+ players... now about 20 active players). So not even close.

Quote:
Also, to have the belief that the Klingons should have had the same level of content as a full-fledged comparable faction to the Federation is your own expectation problem. It was well communicated that the Klingons were a PvP faction for release. You should be appreciative that they're focusing any resources to make them more than that.
Nope. I just go by the expectations fed to us from Los Gatos. Frankly we do not need as much back dated PvE content but we should at least get as complete new content and as many ships, functionality and fluff, and not get 'lite' versions of the Fed content we do get.

Quote:
As a side note... if you want as many ships for the KDF as the Federation has, then the Federation should get a class of ship with universal consoles. Seems fair.
Deal. And we can expect this to happen when?
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-12-2010, 12:47 PM
What is it about the internet that makes people feel entitled to tell others how to do their jobs?

When I approach a new game I play it for a bit and then I form an opinion, either I like it or I don't. Nowhere do I get the idea that if I don't like it I have a right to pester the devs with demands that they change their product to my exact specifications. I use the same approach in most areas of life. If I like a restaurant, I eat there often, if I don't, I never go there again. I certainly don't follow the chef around telling him everything I think he's doing wrong. The fact that the STO devs are nice enough to listen to our suggestions and take them into account when making the game does not mean they have to and doesn't mean you're entitled to anything. If you like the game, pay for it and play it, if you don't, vote with your wallet and stop. The fact that no one can see you or touch you on the internet does not make it OK to be a jerk. I'm sure approaching the devs with some basic human courtesy will make them much more eager to hear what you have to say.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I 'belittled' them because they did too little too late given how many people have left the game.
Too little, too late, means one thing: They already failed. They can't fix it anymore. If what content came for the Klingon Faction is not a sign of improvement for you, then that's it. They can't satisfy your demand. They have already proven that. What more can one say?

Now, if you liked what you got, and just want more of it. Well, good news, it's being done. Wait a while.

Also, hemorrhaging subscriptions might also lead to another call: "Oh, well, I don't think there is much point in trying to save the KDF now. We should cut our losses and focus on keeping the Federation players happy."

And as much as I enjoy the KDF, its ships, its story and all that, if it's only me and 20 other players still waiting for new stuff, I am fine with them giving up on that.

But we aren't there yet. They haven't quite given up hope or working on the KDF.
You don't believe that. You say that actions speak louder then words? Well, then what could a forum post possible achieve. They have already said that they are working on something. But if they already had something, they wouldn't have said it, they would have given it to you. So what do you expect to happen now, what will this post achieve?

I think pretty much nothing. It doesn't add any new information for Cryptic. It doesn't increase the amount of code and 3D models they can create.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Extremely. How about you?
Apparently not as much as you. I want them to do what's best for the game overall, whether that means new content for the KDF or Federation. Logically, work should go where it will benefit the greatest number of players. Foremost that means mechanic improvements and content that applies to both factions. After that it'd be Federation since it has more active players. KDF, after that.

Quote:
Not comparable. Our Fed fleet has not seen nearly as many Fed-oriented people leave the game (1000+ to about 500) as our Klingon fleet has seen (500 active toons/100+ players... now about 20 active players). So not even close.
Uhm.. yeah. If your fleet has that many people then it's quite obvious you guys spam invites to everyone. And yeah... if you invite everyone you're going to have a substantial drop rate. And frankly... I find it hard to believe you know the faction orientation of that many people. You're blowing big numbers out your rear as though those big numbers prove some point, not realizing that by doing so.. you're hurting your own credibility.

Here's a more credible example to the contrary.

During beta I sought out a Federation fleet. I found the 9th Fleet, which was an extension of a long-time Star Trek gaming group. Many of them were in beta and played into release (I'd say ~20). Now the fleet doesn't really even exist.

if a long-time Trek loving gaming group didn't have the patience or interest in the Federation content, are you still going to suggest that only the KDF has problems?

Quote:
Nope. I just go by the expectations fed to us from Los Gatos.
a) What the heck is Los Gatos?
b) You should have done better research- ignorance is your fault; not Cryptic's.

Quote:
Frankly we do not need as much back dated PvE content but we should at least get as complete new content and as many ships, functionality and fluff, and not get 'lite' versions of the Fed content we do get.
You get "lite" versions because, player base wise, you're the "lite" faction. That and a myriad of other reasons, such as a distinct lack of Klingon source material compared to Federation, giving a serious limit to ship designs and various other types of "fluff".

Quote:
Deal. And we can expect this to happen when?
When the KDF has enough players to justify an equal share of development resources. =)
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Fed only (a small issue but in a sense the biggest 'screw you' of all as if our sub money was somehow less valid).
There is no such thing as a KDF-only subscription to STO. You are paying for both Federation and KDF content. If you choose to only play KDF, that's your own fault and your personal problem, not the devs. You are ignoring the main part of the game. All content is available to all players...you just have to have a character on both sides, which is the way this game is designed (you MUST make a Federation character, KDF doesn't open until your fed is level 6).
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Ohhh not this again...
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
There is no such thing as a KDF-only subscription to STO. You are paying for both Federation and KDF content. If you choose to only play KDF, that's your own fault and your personal problem, not the devs. You are ignoring the main part of the game. All content is available to all players...you just have to have a character on both sides, which is the way this game is designed (you MUST make a Federation character, KDF doesn't open until your fed is level 6).
Good point.

So many people seem to make this out to be a Federation player vs. Klingon player problem, when in reality we can all be both. This isn't WoW where, on many server types, you can only play on one faction. STO was designed for players to play all factions and enjoy their unique styles of mechanics and content.

If the two sides are adversaries it's of their own making. Nobody is forcing any of them to play only one faction. They all have access to all the same content.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease but the very loud wheel gets replaced...
I'd really love to just deactivate the Klingons for a week, if nothing but to hear them moan more. Better yet, deactivate the Klingons until its up to speed with the Feds (see also: never).

So frustrating to watch the Klingon fans day after day after day after day after day after day complain about being second fiddle. And if they've truly got so little (and I've got a Klingon alt, BTW), then taking them out of the game completely won't cause much a ripple now, will it?
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
That would not be helpful, Pegasus. I encourage you to think things out more before you post, because right now you come off as trolling.

The KDF side does need ongoing additions (new missions, female KDF uniforms, new ships, etc), but I don't think they should take priority over the main faction, Starfleet. Aside from the playerbase thing, it's probably easier for the Devs to add Fed stuff (races, homeworlds, etc) because there's a rich and vast quantity of Trek shows about the Federation side and so much to fill in still...whereas Klingon lore has less episodes so there might be an inspiration deficit. Just as a brain teaser, how easily can you name species that could be added to the Fed faction? (Deltans come to mind for me). Now name a canon species not already in-game that would join the KDF...
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
It was meant as a bit of a troll. And I have been thinking things through. The Klingon fans jump into nearly every thread discussing future content and troll. Might as well troll back.

<Thirty minutes of writing, ranting, editing, and reworking deleted> Deletion summary: What would this game have been without the Klingons from the start? Better perhaps?

And you're right. Cryptic is going to have to create Klingon content from scratch and what scant clues they can muster. That's going to be a task that takes ten times longer. A task I do not envy because at every single small step ahead is going to be some Klingon crazed otaku complaining about what options Feds have for hair bows.