Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
i don't remember exactly where to do it, but i believe when you talk to the guy who you can select your default ship from, you have an option that says Discharge which will get rid of the ship, it may also be in the character screen (where it lists your char, ship, and BOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkasa
Correct. In Earth Spacedock, Ensign Obin allows you to select your ships, and there is a 'Dismiss' button for the ships that you no longer have a use for...

Though, it is kinda sad... I've grown attached to my little destroyer... Protected my butt -so- -many- times in combat...
Correction: When you go to Ensign Obin do not talk to him. Instead stand near him and press U to open your Status window. As long as you are near Obin you will be able to see every ship you have. It is there, not in the Obin interaction window, where you can Decommission your former ships. And I believe the button does say Decommission, not Discharge.

Note: If you Decommission Tier One starships you cannot get them back, so make sure you really want to get rid of it. You can have several starships so there really is no need to Decommission any of them. You never know when you'll want to go back and play with some lower level friends.

Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGuyver View Post
for some strange reson, when you go to discharge a ship that is not the default, and not your only ship it says please type the name of the ship to be sure, do that and hey presto, the ok button is still greyed out??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon-73
I too can no longer dismiss any ships, the ok button remains greyed out after you re-type the ship name
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaniprime View Post
This is a major issue... I can not progress in the game... I type the name of the ship exactly ..and the button stays greyed out .. I have a full list of ships and need to make room for my next larger and more powerful one but ...It will not let me ...I have removed all weapons,, consoles,, etc and nothing still greyed out ..I will cancel if I cant get this fixed. I submit a game ticket and no reply ...please help ... I get my backside whipped because the biggest ship I have is a heavy cruiser .. I am captain level 3 and have the token from captain quinn to get the new ship and also the cash...
Looks like you found a bug. Report it and hope for a swift reply... but don't hold your breath.

Lt. Commander
# 13
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Old thread, but better than starting a new one. When you discharge an old ship, do you get any Energy credits for it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliaum_Odrek View Post
Old thread, but better than starting a new one. When you discharge an old ship, do you get any Energy credits for it?
Nope, it just goes 'poof,' heh. (Same for any items equipped to it, so strip it first.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
That sucks, I want some money for it, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliaum_Odrek View Post
That sucks, I want some money for it, lol.
if you strip all the parts off you can sell them at least. no real reason to give you money for ships that you never really paid for (assuming you only get 1 ship a tier)
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-14-2011, 12:43 PM
the problem is still in the game! after a year ?! wth cryptic ?
I payed real money, witch I can't get back, to enjoy this game! and you make it reallt hard when you overlook a problem like this..!
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
I went to discharge my ship but I can't the OK button is greyed out please explain
I have not done this in some time, but at some point when you are on the screen where you wish to delete the ship, you need to Re-Type the ship name in order to Confirm that is the ship you are getting rid of. Then OK should be click-able.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroSlizer89
the problem is still in the game! after a year ?! wth cryptic ?
I payed real money, witch I can't get back, to enjoy this game! and you make it reallt hard when you overlook a problem like this..!
Just a little bit necrotic... but ok...

You do realise that with C-Store ships, the whole reason the weapons don't give you cash is so you can't exploit the system by continously discharging and then reclaiming the ship?
Lt. Commander
# 20 Discharging Ships
12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
I went to discharge my ship but I can't the OK button is greyed out please explain
All u need to do is retype the ship name & the ok icon should highlight