Lt. Commander
# 21
09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
I agree, fun mission. Felt like Star Trek (as opposed to the majority of this game which feels like Star Wars). We need more missions like this!
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Arrgh!! thanks! It was an awesome movie. After watching though it begged the question, who would win in a fight between Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Yellowbeard?
Yellowbeard would slaughter Sparrow, and go for a drink, long before Sparrow could get out some long-winded bit of wit.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Yellowbeard would slaughter Sparrow, and go for a drink, long before Sparrow could get out some long-winded bit of wit.
LMAO very true
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
how do you see the scince officers report? i only see the tactiacl one. Every time i fire on them, i fail the mission. =C
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It has nothing to do with stupid beasts of war. It is Klingon mentality. They need to show their strength to the Breen. That is certainly not done by buying the slaves, nor by out-witting the Breen with some fancy tech tricks. That's a weasely maneuver not worthy of a Klingon Warrior. Show strength, inspire fear in the Breen, so he (or others of his species) will think twice about trying to do this kind of stuff again.
More to do with how weaselly it is, and not strength in and of itself. It's a matter of honor.

Buying the slaves' freedom and letting the Breen go and get away with the dishonorable act of having enslaved your Daferi allies in the first place is a stain on your honor. Regardless of how you get the Daferi off the ship (and I do feel there should be an alternate way to latinum), the only honorable end to that encounter results in the deaths of the Breen for having committed the crime of staining the honor of both the Klingons and the Daferi. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 26 A How To Question
11-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildred View Post
So I just completed this mission without firing a shot.

I'd just like to give a quick tip of the hat to whomever designed this mission.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Watching the Breen come about as I read what my science officer was saying... excellent.

Having the Breen ask for payment for the slaves. Not bad.

Having my tactical officer suggest something ... well... tactical. Great.

The science officer piping in with some brilliant scheme to fool the Breen sensors so we could beam off the Deferi and then get away before they discover the trick? BRILLIANT! Most Trek-like mission to date. Felt like the perfect starfleet solution to the problem. The only thing that could have made it better was voice-overs bringing that little extra bit of life to the Boffs actions.

But all in all, I loved it.
This was a great how-to and I tried but the problem I ran in to was how to actually beam them off. I got the transport icon on both ships but was unable to get it to work. What do I have to do in that situation? Should I be getting some sort of pop message to transport them over? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
To me it's the easiest and fastest emblem to get. Five seconds and I'm done (pressing F nonstop until the latinum is paid).
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
After running this mission well over a dozen times, it occurred to me that if a player chooses the option to "fool the Breen ship's sensors" long enough so you can transport the Deferi to the safety of your ship, I would think if I were a member of the crew aboard that Breen ship, to "immediately" inform an officer that the Deferi "passengers" are no longer present. And then to have the captain of the Breen ship if the comm channel has been closed to hail your ship or continue in the open comm channel and say "for stealing the Deferi from my ship, you and those weaklings will all now die!" I find this scenario quite humerous as it acheives my goal to save the Deferi but at the same time it provokes the Breen as an added bonus; but that's the mischievous in me talking.

And for the record, I did do a thorough forum search to see if sometinh like this had been posted and I found no such mention.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
The Klingon's should have the option of disabling the Breen ship in combat and then beaming over with a boarding party to kill the Breen and get the captives back.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Is there some requirement I need to fill before I can get this mission? I'm a LC 2 and have only been able to get Aiding the Deferi; Surah is not offering either of the other 2 Dereri daily missions.