Lt. Commander
Hello, I bought the mercenary costume pack and I love it, it made me use my off-duty costume for the first time in months. However it brought also up a few issues why I abandoned off-duty clothing in the first place. So here's my three-point list of how to make off-duty clothing even more awesome!

1) Make it available for KDF Klingons, liberated Borg, Orions and Nausicaans. I get it that the Gorn body structure is too different, but for the others it should be easy. Is it fair for the Gorn? No. But neither is excluding the whole faction because of them.

2) Let us mix and match uniforms and off-duty clothes for both captains and bridge officers. It was allowed for the latter at one point and it was really cool to have a liberated Borg engineer in civilian clothing like Seven of Nine (just not that form-fitting). I don't think that CBS will mind, they already have allowed us to go Breen hunting in an evening dress, why should they complain if someone mixes the upper part of said dress with uniform pants and combat boots or a standard uniform with the belt from the mercenary pack?

3) Let us take our communicators everywhere. Seriously, this is the most important point for me. You know how it is. After being almost frozen by Breen cryo-grenades you want to take your shore leave on the Risian beach, beam down and while you are away the first officer goes into pon farr, the chief engineer assimilates the engine room, the tactical officer gets stuck in the Klingon calisthenics holoprogram and the redshirt that had to use an emergency beam out because of Borg nanoprobe infestation cowers in fetal position under a bed in sickbay while the ship counselor has nightmares because of telepathic distress calls by an unknown species. And nobody can call the captain. Why? Because there's no combadge on off-duty clothes. Troi had it on her off-duty clothes, Seven too, I just want the same option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Better, just get rid completely of the off-duty slot and allow us to wear what we want in any slot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Better, just get rid completely of the off-duty slot and allow us to wear what we want in any slot.
That was pretty much the point of 2.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2010, 05:53 AM
I agree completely with all points. I'm frustrated with the mercenary costume pack after just a few days, really, because of the limitations set on its use. The accessories provided in that costume pack feel as if they were just made to be mixed and matched with existing duty uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Yes, get rid of the offduty **** and mix it with the duty slot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebbe View Post
Yes, get rid of the offduty **** and mix it with the duty slot.
/signed.

10char
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-16-2010, 06:52 AM
This on-duty / off-duty uniform mechanic is one of the most obnoxious restrictions I've encountered in MMOs. Even more infuriating when it's in a game billed for its customization.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Or even better, get rid of the off-duty slot altogether and make everyone wear their uniforms again! You're in a military, soldier! We're at war... act like it! Polish those boots! Fighting Breen in an evening gown... sheesh. What has Starfleet become? *grumble*

Oh, and get off my lawn! :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Or even better, get rid of the off-duty slot altogether and make everyone wear their uniforms again! You're in a military, soldier! We're at war... act like it! Polish those boots! Fighting Breen in an evening gown... sheesh. What has Starfleet become? *grumble*

Oh, and get off my lawn! :p
While I agree that fighting Breen in an evening gown is silly it's allowed in the game. All I want is something less silly. The upper part of an evening gown with a communicator and uniform parts could be a nice 25th century mirror universe uniform (yeah, I know those shouldn' be around either), and my main point is that the mercenary wear would be perfect with uniforms. My tactical officers can make photon grenades out of thin air, and I have the choice. Making my stun grenades out of thin air or being out of uniform during combat. It would be perfect to use the bandolier and belts with pouches on a standard uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-16-2010, 09:13 AM
I totally agree with you K-Tar. Was the first thing that came to my mind as i saw the bandolier and belt options with grenades. Btw i hate the looks of the body amor, so the merc options are the better way for me to make my captain ready for combat.