Lt. Commander
# 21
08-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozan View Post
On the other hand i've always been for traveling thorugh secotr space from the bridge!!
I'd also like the option to transfer to the bridge while travelling though sector space.

However, that's unlikely ever to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozan View Post
I don't think we will ever see combat from the bridge norshould we ...

On the other hand i've always been for traveling thorugh secotr space from the bridge!!
'Fraid I'm going to have to be in agreement with the above post. Personally, I find the space combat the best part of STO, and even does a good job of being Trekish (computer AIs aside). Sector space on the otherhand is for me the least Trekish and really takes away from the whole game, since for me its worse then WoWs flight path system (which at least showed off the graphics of the game, which STO has beat hands down). For me the ultimate Trekish geek moment would be to set a corse and interact with my bridge and crew, personally I wouldn't even mind setting the ship at a lower speed when playing solo missions, just to interact with my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
The thing that disapoints me is that bridge functionality/combat should of been designed as a multiple view point system. The Bridge is vital Star Trek Part of ship operations. It makes me wonder what the designers were smoking without including this option from the start. Many older titles did such a good job including these features.

I hear many saying they do not want to fly a flight simulator, well we are in a Star Trek Legacy type simulator aboard our ships....with no epic Captains voice overs. The story lines call for bridge control and functionality, I just find it sad when 2 or 3 games from the 1990's do it better than STO. There is so much farther to go to bring this title up to par from those epic 1990's Star Trek games:
Computer Library interaction on ship (review sensor scans of ship and vunerabilities) gain info on STO and races
pannel functionality
research and development
"trek" subspace communication system./ distress calls/view screen use.
BO assignment and ship uniform tool by class (E,S,T)
Navigation system and sector names not sector block names, its just stupid.
Access our mail and banks from our ships
Classic Space Combat.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I was a big fan of the star fleet command games and so i like the idea of the game going away form the rpg and more towards the simulator side of gaming. However i think cryptics time would be working within the frame work they already have. I just would like to see more actual "role" playing as in ;if i want to repair my ship i want to do on my ship not by fiddling around with menus.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't want to do combat while in ship, but I think its a little ridiculous that you beam into your own bridge and when you return to outside view, you beam out. When did Picard have to beam out just to order the ship to go somewhere? haha

Also I'd love to be able to travel with my friends aboard my ship. Whats the point in having friends aboard if you can't do anything but sit there in space?

Also to be able to use the map and travel options from inside the ship. It sucks always having to be outside of the ship to be able to go anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-14-2010, 07:20 AM
I think what we all want here is not so much a bridge to move into, but the trek atmosphere we like from the show and movies. We want bridge officers screaming reports, the captain shouting orders (or be calm when issuing them), and, in general, the associated panic that comes with space combat. That could be easily implemented if the devs added vocal reports by the BOs.

For example, let's say I click on HYT. Immediately I will hear the captain's voice: "Prepare a torpedo salvo!". The tac BO replies "aye-aye sir!", and when I press fire the captain says "fire!". The BO then says "Torpedoes away!". When they impact, they may cheer or something like that. If the enemy launches torpedoes, a BO might yell "INCOMING!". The damage on the enemy ship could also be reported.

All this would make space combat very atmospheric, like the comm chatter in the Wing Commander series.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-14-2010, 07:32 AM
It would also screw up Vent...
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Bridge Commander pulled off commanding from the bridge and it felt more interactive and intense sitting in the Captains chair giving orders... but for STO, over six months after release we still cant even sit in chairs yet.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-24-2010, 12:59 PM
The way I view STO is, it the advance version of Starfleet Command. It wasn’t build around bridge commander; if they did it would have taking them years before it they could release it. Starfleet command was the only basic option here and they improved on it a bit with some avatars and ground combat. But come on guys give the development teams some credit for the hard work trying to make STO the best expires. I like it the way it for now only if they could enable the voice system they had in game for the bridge officer and the other NPC that will be really cool.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-20-2010, 02:45 AM
bump.....want want want!