Lt. Commander
# 101
09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't really roleplay when playing but at the same time, I love switching between outfits. I have my 'base' outfit as the mirror universe skimpy dress (main toon is female and HOT), partly because it's the only way to get the mirror universe skimpy dress by choosing it at character creation and partly because the character backstory is that she's from the mirror universe. Her hair is all ruffled 'cause it's a casual, layin' around, kickin' back type of style for running around ESD in.

Then for the 'off-duty' slot, I've actually renamed it "Combat" because I put her in the vest with the buckles and made it all black with tight leather pants (black) and combat-style black boots. Her hair is out of her eyes and pulled back, ready for combat. She looks ready to kick ass in that outfit. She stands out from her ground crew in it and looks all combat-leadery.

And then there's the fleet uniform which I use as a formal Starfleet dress uniform. Her hair in this one is slicked back and formal. I use that for when I have to meet an Admiral or Ambassador, or attend some sort of official function.

I know, it's kinda lame, but it adds just that little bit of fun to the game that I'd miss if I didn't have it.

What I really hate is that different slots limit your choices. All slots should have all choices. Anything else is just stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Could we please get more off-duty costume slots then? As of now, even when you buy additional costume slots, you still only have 1 in which you can choose off-duty ones. it makes all the additional off-duty costumes a bit silly. I hope we can get to set a costume slot as either off-duty or not soon, especially those of us who bought the extra slots (expecting just that).

Signed,
Allura Sclava
/signed

With every purchase of an off duty uniform, there should be an extra off duty uniform spot behind it IMO
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
This worked for me, and only seems to work with the C-Store purchased slots, not the other in-game Uniform slots. And it does cost you Energy Credits. Here's the trick:
  1. Buy C-Store Costume Slots.
  2. Go to a Tailor wearing any "on-duty" uniform.
  3. In the Tailor window click your new empty slot and create a new costume, but just click through, and Purchase. If you notice, at this point you do not have access to the Off Duty clothes.
  4. Once purchased and back on your Tailor costume list, click that new uniform and Modify it.
  5. In the edit windows you can go to the third page and change into any clothing you have unlocked, including the previously unaccessable Off Duty clothes. If you've previously Saved any Off Duty "patterns" you can also now click Load and recover them instead of re-creating them fresh.
  6. Make your changes and Purchase. You'll note that since you're "changing" a costume, there is the aforementioned Energy Credit cost.
  7. Rename your new costume slot to something useful/creative.
  8. ...and voilą! New Off-Duty Costume Slot.
I hope there are people that find this useful. I sure did! I'll now step away from the lectern and return you to your regularlly scheduled Blackvaar update for which I'm sure we are all eagerly waiting.

Note: Apparently it's not a guaranteed fix. There are some people that, for whatever reason, this work-around doesn't work. That said, worked perfectly for me. Thanks again DoggyDude!
Nope I tried it for half an hour yesterday: not working for me
Happy for those it works for though.
But for me and others like me I hope Cryptic will fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 104
09-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
There are less Klingons than Feds and one of the reasons for this is there is less Klingon content than Fed content... a lot less... and much of the Klingon content is 'lite' versions of Fed content...i.e. certain features are removed... no wandering DSE's in Klingon space, vastly less uniform choices, less ships (NO retrofits), no crafting, no anomaly mini-games, no functioning tricorders, no diplomacy, in Cold Call the ambassador does not beam over to the Klingon ship the way he does for the Feds, etc etc etc....

And so there are less and less Klingon players by the day as they slowly bleed away because every time Cryptic release new Fed content without also releasing comparable Klingon content, more K side players say F**k this and quit the game in disgust.

And far from narrowing the gap, they are widening it.... they added the Excelsior even though the Feds already have FOUR retrofits and Klingon have ZERO (Feds get content... Klingons get vague promises).

Strange business model if you ask me.
I hear ya bud, if i didnt have a lifetime I wouldnt even be reading up on these things or even log intot he game every now and then, I jsut live in hope that one day somthing awsome will be dumped on the klingon side that we can play with to peek our intrest for a couple of weeks...
Lt. Commander
# 105 Cryptic Ruining Tailor!
09-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Nope I tried it for half an hour yesterday: not working for me
Happy for those it works for though.
But for me and others like me I hope Cryptic will fix this.
Cryptic have fixed it alright, they fixed it so it doesn't work anymore! >.<

I bought extra costume slots. I can't create extra off-duty costumes!

I complain (and so does the rest of STO) they allow secondary off-duty outfits *whoop*.

So, I buy more slots! They turn off this option!!!! >.<

Worse, I go in to "tweek" my existing extra off-duty uniform and it "quietly" turns it into an ordianry uniform (losing all my changes and settings)! Only revealing this crap on returning me to DS9 (so basicly if I had left it alone and not tweeked it it would have been ok. As it is it cost me 2,500 EC to f**k up my costume).

I'm insensed. I feel robbed and cheated!
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Sorry all off these outfits to buy just seems like barbie dress up to me. No thanks
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilroyShadow
Sorry all off these outfits to buy just seems like barbie dress up to me. No thanks
Yes in fact the game should not have toons at all, it should just have square collision blocks over a wire mesh background, anything else offends my fragile sense of manliness. Pong... now THAT was a man's computer game.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Yes in fact the game should not have toons at all, it should just have square collision blocks over a wire mesh background, anything else offends my fragile sense of manliness. Pong... now THAT was a man's computer game.
Ah, yes. The good old days of Pong and the Atari 2600. A simpler time with simpler graphics...where your avatar is a square block or unidentifiable blob.
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Ah, yes. The good old days of Pong and the Atari 2600. A simpler time with simpler graphics...where your avatar is a square block or unidentifiable blob.
Sweet! Anyone up for a game of Combat with bouncing cannon shot?

I always was a master at the ricochet kill shot!
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-25-2010, 02:28 PM
it looks like they have fixed it. ant do iany more. so if you have done it leave it alone. or its back to old uniform slot.