Lt. Commander
# 1 Team Matching for PVP queues
09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
September Engineering Report lists "Team Matching for PVP queues" as an Under Investigation feature. Anybody have any idea what that is?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
September Engineering Report lists "Team Matching for PVP queues" as an Under Investigation feature. Anybody have any idea what that is?
Maybe they finally mean that PUP and Premade group queues will be different? Or maybe they will implement some ranking system to make sure teams are even?

Just a random guess.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2010, 09:22 PM
So, if you queue as a group, you have to wait for somebody else to queue as a group before you get to play?

Because that's how I read it, and it worries me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
So, if you queue as a group, you have to wait for somebody else to queue as a group before you get to play?

Because that's how I read it, and it worries me.
I will leave the game. CHC is just about the only ground pvp fleet. There are no premade for us to go up against.

If Cryptic listens to the ones that cry about losing to premades, not only will I leave, but I will take as many of CHC members and friends as I can with me to a new game. Because we will NEVER get fight unless we never group again. And for what? So that those who can't cut it can feel better about themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-16-2010, 03:17 AM
It will probably only give preference to premades meaning -

If two teams are in the queue match those teams ELSE continue.

Which ultimately means solo pugs will have to wait longer if only premade teams are queuing. Not a big deal though since there are masses of those zergities queuing up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-16-2010, 04:38 AM
Is it not something to do with being unable to invite cross faction players to team for private matches?

Hope so
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
It will probably only give preference to premades meaning -

If two teams are in the queue match those teams ELSE continue.
I can't think of any but highly contrived scenarios in which two full teams could be in queue and not ALREADY end up facing each other. The queue would have to somehow be over 15 players (for Arena) for this to even be a possibility... and at that point, it should have already tried to spawn a game with the initial 10 players. MAYBE if there's a long ass line of individuals queued Fed-side for FvK, then a Fed team, and a Klingon team queues.

I have to wonder though, what percentage of "groups" would actually WANT to play against a similarly organized team? Could they just stop queueing as a group instead, and resort to "everybody queue individually in 3...2...1"?

If that's what this is, it seems like it could backfire pretty easily.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-16-2010, 11:15 PM
"Team Matching for PVP queues".. I thought it would just try to match teams vs. teams against each other and complement them with other people queuing for PvP. So there are no situations like 2 teams on one side and none on the other etc..

But it could also mean that people "queuing as team" would have separated queues...but I guess that would be too evil against the "true pvpers"...