Lt. Commander
I've been using the new Galaxy Justice Bridge on my ship and noticed the loading of the bridge seems constant. Older bridges use to randomly generate where the BO's would sit.

At first this was great because my First Officer was sitting next to me, my Second Officer on my left -- i.e. everyone was were they should be. Well, I decided to buy one last BO for a Conn Officer. To my huge dissapointment it changed the loading and now my First Officer is sitting in the back like she's been grounded. My Conn Officer is sitting where she use to. In fact, no one is seeming anywhere they should be.

I'm surprised the janitor isn't in my Captain's chair =P This just really ruins the game for me. So, I tried to switch out bridges and don't really know what I did to change the loadout a few more times. But, I do know I spent a butt load of credits without realizing it. Now, I'm really p***ed.

Does anybody know how to get the new galaxy brodges to re-load where the officers sit? Even better -- Anyone know if cryptic is going to put in an interface of some type to allow my to station my officers where they should be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
One of my ships uses a bridge that has something like 12-13 different stations. Yet there is one bridge officer that never appears, even when I go to the bridge of that ship. As far as I can tell, the positioning of officers is completely random. I've had instances where the tactical officer I have assigned is sitting at what appears to be the helm. Or my Commander engineer is at what appears to be an auxiliary bridge station, with their back to everyone, instead of at one of the forward facing stations.

We definitely need some control over how/where our officers appear. But with so much other stuff being developed at the forefront, let alone more usage of ship interiors, this will probably have to wait awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I know what ya mean, but something about the new galaxy bridges makes them not randomized. I could live with that if it was -- chalk it up to luck-of-the-draw. But, those specific bridges seem perminent in BO posostions. So my conn officer is always next to me in a chair that has no console. I know to some this may not be a big deal. But, in this case my conn having a perminent station in the XO seat is like Wesely Crusher siting where Riker should be, and Will Riker updating his facebook in the back of the class while my ship has it's parking break on =P
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I wonder if the patch last night caused this.

I`m a roleplayer and an Excelsior captain, so the bridge that I am using is the Prometheus "Blaze" bridge. It makes sense because canonically, the Prometheus Bridge seen in Voyager is simply a redress of the Excelsior class bridge (the actual Prommie bridge is actually the "Atlas" since it has a raised floor for the captain`s chair). But I too am concerned with the Boff positions in the bridge, specifically whether I want my officers to be sitting down and standing up.

The Prommie Blaze Bridge has two positions for tactical, two positions for science and two positions for engineer. After some experimenting, I noticed that for engineer and tactical, the first Boff that you received would be the ones standing up, while the second would be the ones sitting down at the helm station. For Science, the first one would be the one sitting down, and the second would be the one standing up. I verified this with other players, and although there maybe a possibility that the science portion maybe incorrect (one player insists that the science officer standing up was her first science officer), the theory seems consistent.

When I was promoted to Ambassador, I had to "transfer" my existing Chief Medical officer, who was my second science officer, to make room for my new KDF officer. So prior to yesterday`s patch, I had the perfect crew layout in my Blaze Bridge. My chief engineer and tactical officer were standing up, my second engineer (aka Ops) and second tactical (aka Helm) was sitting down at the helm station, and my main science officer was sitting down and now my new KDF science officer was proudly being displayed and standing up. I even made adjustments to the uniforms to the helm and ops officer so prior to yesterday, I had the perfect bridge layout.

Then the patch, which apparently has some fixes on displaying the Boff on the bridge for some people, happened. Low and behold, now my chief engineer is at the Ops station sitting down while my ops engineer is now standing up. Essentially they switched places. Fortunately, as of last night, the tactical and science stations have not changed, but I find it disturbing that they will, either via the patch or if they now randomly switches places from time to time.

So yeah...I do hope someday, sooner better than later, that Cryptic will give us the ability to place our Bridge Officers in the appropriate sections, where we want it. I know its for roleplaying purposes on my part but given that we do have fairly little means to customize our ship interiors (aside from trophies), it would really be appreciated if we can do so for our Boff so our bridges will look how we want them to be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
At least they sit down for you. If you buy the "Intrepid" bridge, your BOs stand in their seats, in the air and on consoles and you can't even sit in the huge throne they give you. Waste of money and they told me I couldn't have a refund of my CP for it when I submitted a billing ticket. (So I keep sending tickets. :p )
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
That`s true, they really need to fix the Intrepid Bridges. Its a pity since they are actually quite nice.

They also do need to fix the way the Boff sit in the Prommie bridges as well. Yes they can sit down but I think the chairs are either too big or too close to the consoles since their legs somehow go through the edges.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz
That`s true, they really need to fix the Intrepid Bridges. Its a pity since they are actually quite nice.

They also do need to fix the way the Boff sit in the Prommie bridges as well. Yes they can sit down but I think the chairs are either too big or too close to the consoles since their legs somehow go through the edges.
I get bothered by some of the prometheus bridges because in 2 of them only one BO sits at the forward console. It's like my ship is under-manned or something. I'd like to not only see an option of who sits where like the OP wants, but how many officers are on the bridge and what each is doing at her / his station.

(And I'd like to see people walking on and off of the bridge, like in the shows.)

((And it would be funny if I could customise it so when they leave I could, if I were in a particularly silly mood, make them say, "Well... off to the loo." as they leave. xD ))