Lt. Commander
# 1 Breen Diplomatic daily
09-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a firm believer in credit where credit is due, and so I have to congratulate the team for the diplomatic mission involving the Deferi and Breen.

I really felt like a Federation captain, negotiating with the Breen, wary that it could all go wrong any minute. Very Star Trek as well, saving the prisoners without a shot fired and without bribing the Breen with latinum.

Once again, Well Done!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Agreed. The first time I did it I just paid the latinum. Then when I tried with another character I didn't pay up and was surprised to find another non combat solution. Very nice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Indeed offering a mission that has several different outcomes is a step in the right direction. I haven't tried it myself with a KDF character, but I hear they're limited in what they can do and unless I'm mistaken, they have no diplomatic non-combat resolution to this mission.

If this is truly the case, I hope Cryptic would be able change the missions' script for KDF characters so that they could challenge the Breen to a duel to save the Deferi, perhaps the KDF Captain beams over to the Breen ship and while he fights the Breen Captain, the Deferi are transported away to safety... I think that'd be very faithful to the spirit of STAR TREK, at least as much as the Federation path is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh they do have non-combat options,well they have 1 non-combat option which is the bribe but unless you fight the breen after your tac officer suggests that you fight them or your ship needs a new captain
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd4921
Oh they do have non-combat options,well they have 1 non-combat option which is the bribe but unless you fight the breen after your tac officer suggests that you fight them or your ship needs a new captain
I actually came up with a way to eat the cake and keep it whole

Here's my suggestion for adding a very Klingon-type solution that keeps the latinum in your wallet, is more exciting than sneaking the Deferi out and yet doesn't require you blow the Breen away.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
i too am enjoying the new weekly missions, keep it up cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I actually came up with a way to eat the cake and keep it whole

Here's my suggestion for adding a very Klingon-type solution that keeps the latinum in your wallet, is more exciting than sneaking the Deferi out and yet doesn't require you blow the Breen away.
Agreed. A true Klingon would not give in to extortion attempts, nor would they allow the Breen to cow them with diplomacy. A duel of honor would be a very reasonable way of resloving this mission for a Klingon captain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2010, 10:32 AM
I agree. I will go so far as to say that this simple, short, mission is the best mission in the entire game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm all for new missions and diplomatic dailies to get away from blowing up ships, but my only nitpick on this is the fact that I am now forced to play that stupid Dabo game just to do this for 1 Emblem? You need to give me a few more to sit the for hours collecting meaningless GPL for this daily. Yes, I could not do the mission at all and stop complaining all together. But then I'd miss out on an Emblem that I need for upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
I'm all for new missions and diplomatic dailies to get away from blowing up ships, but my only nitpick on this is the fact that I am now forced to play that stupid Dabo game just to do this for 1 Emblem? You need to give me a few more to sit the for hours collecting meaningless GPL for this daily. Yes, I could not do the mission at all and stop complaining all together. But then I'd miss out on an Emblem that I need for upgrades.
You know there is a third option which allows you to not pay latinum AND successfully transport them without attacking?