Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Breen Diplomatic daily
09-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a firm believer in credit where credit is due, and so I have to congratulate the team for the diplomatic mission involving the Deferi and Breen.

I really felt like a Federation captain, negotiating with the Breen, wary that it could all go wrong any minute. Very Star Trek as well, saving the prisoners without a shot fired and without bribing the Breen with latinum.

Once again, Well Done!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Agreed. The first time I did it I just paid the latinum. Then when I tried with another character I didn't pay up and was surprised to find another non combat solution. Very nice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Indeed offering a mission that has several different outcomes is a step in the right direction. I haven't tried it myself with a KDF character, but I hear they're limited in what they can do and unless I'm mistaken, they have no diplomatic non-combat resolution to this mission.

If this is truly the case, I hope Cryptic would be able change the missions' script for KDF characters so that they could challenge the Breen to a duel to save the Deferi, perhaps the KDF Captain beams over to the Breen ship and while he fights the Breen Captain, the Deferi are transported away to safety... I think that'd be very faithful to the spirit of STAR TREK, at least as much as the Federation path is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh they do have non-combat options,well they have 1 non-combat option which is the bribe but unless you fight the breen after your tac officer suggests that you fight them or your ship needs a new captain
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd4921
Oh they do have non-combat options,well they have 1 non-combat option which is the bribe but unless you fight the breen after your tac officer suggests that you fight them or your ship needs a new captain
I actually came up with a way to eat the cake and keep it whole

Here's my suggestion for adding a very Klingon-type solution that keeps the latinum in your wallet, is more exciting than sneaking the Deferi out and yet doesn't require you blow the Breen away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
i too am enjoying the new weekly missions, keep it up cryptic
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I actually came up with a way to eat the cake and keep it whole

Here's my suggestion for adding a very Klingon-type solution that keeps the latinum in your wallet, is more exciting than sneaking the Deferi out and yet doesn't require you blow the Breen away.
Agreed. A true Klingon would not give in to extortion attempts, nor would they allow the Breen to cow them with diplomacy. A duel of honor would be a very reasonable way of resloving this mission for a Klingon captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-17-2010, 10:32 AM
I agree. I will go so far as to say that this simple, short, mission is the best mission in the entire game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm all for new missions and diplomatic dailies to get away from blowing up ships, but my only nitpick on this is the fact that I am now forced to play that stupid Dabo game just to do this for 1 Emblem? You need to give me a few more to sit the for hours collecting meaningless GPL for this daily. Yes, I could not do the mission at all and stop complaining all together. But then I'd miss out on an Emblem that I need for upgrades.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
I'm all for new missions and diplomatic dailies to get away from blowing up ships, but my only nitpick on this is the fact that I am now forced to play that stupid Dabo game just to do this for 1 Emblem? You need to give me a few more to sit the for hours collecting meaningless GPL for this daily. Yes, I could not do the mission at all and stop complaining all together. But then I'd miss out on an Emblem that I need for upgrades.
You know there is a third option which allows you to not pay latinum AND successfully transport them without attacking?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 PM.