Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I think they should revamp the Exchange so that no item can be sold for more than three times it's established value.

Not that it really matters to me, if I want something I just go out and try to get it on my own. Or make do with something else.

Also, I'm not a greedy SOB so I always sell my extra, common stuff for half it's value and the fancy stuff is usually posted at least at a 20% discount.

I'm here to have fun, not make a pile of galactic credits.
I considered that but ultimately decided against it as a bad thing for the players. As I posted what I think should be done is a listing fee that is a percentage of the value listed. Then the person buying it would also pay a tax equal to the same percentage. Something like this would work well as a natural downward pressure devise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I had a couple of questions about BO's. What makes them so expensive on the exchange? Are there certain BO's that are just more powerful than others? and why? I heard that the Borg BO was really good and that you could get them from a mission. But I cant find out what the mission is. Would just like a summary of BO's and why ones are rare and more expensive. What should I be looking for specifically being a Eng in a tactical ship? Or is it just for RP's sake that people will pay so much for a certain BO?

Thank you ahead of time for any info. =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophyrius
I had a couple of questions about BO's. What makes them so expensive on the exchange? Are there certain BO's that are just more powerful than others? and why? I heard that the Borg BO was really good and that you could get them from a mission. But I cant find out what the mission is. Would just like a summary of BO's and why ones are rare and more expensive. What should I be looking for specifically being a Eng in a tactical ship? Or is it just for RP's sake that people will pay so much for a certain BO?

Thank you ahead of time for any info. =)
From I have determined over the past six months, the price is based on the following things in order of general priority:
  1. Level (color)
  2. Race
  3. Abilities
  4. Gender

As far as any being "more powerful" that depends on your game play style as well as knowledge of abilities. Regarding your last question, sadly, I'm no where near an expert on the Eng play. I do only Tac. Maybe someone else can respond properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophyrius
I had a couple of questions about BO's...
While there are certainly those interested in the role-playing aspect of having a Vulcan Science Officer, or what have you, in my experience the two things that make BOs more expensive are Abilities and Traits. The higher the rarity of the BO, the more/better Abilities and Traits they tend to have, so Very Rare and Rare BOs tend to be more expensive than Uncommon and Common BOs.

Some Abilities are only available from in-game BOs. Highly sought after examples include Beam Target Shields Subsystems III, Viral Matrix III, and Auxiliary to Structural III. For more check out the blue powers listed here:
http://stowiki.org/Bridge_officer_ability
I understand Escort pilots are quite fond of BTSS3.

Traits that I have noticed are desirable for your Away Team are Empathic (found on Betazoids, grants a healing bonus to every member of the Team), Telepathy (Trills/Vulcans, increases Expose chance/duration), Teamwork (Bolians/Humans, improves Team Exploit damage), Lucky (Many races, increased critical chance), etc. A common BO might have a Basic version of one of these granting a +2.5% buff, Uncommons give 5%, a rare BO might have a Superior version granting 7.5% buff. A very rare BO could have two Superior traits!

The biggest exception that I know to that rarity thing are Uncommon Saurians that have the Efficient Space Trait. And while the Amazon Borg BO, now available for purchase in the C-Store, is also Efficient, the "green" Saurian is the only in-game available BO that can be found with Efficiency, which is very popular. I could be wrong, but I think they're the most expensive BO on the Exchange. An Efficient BO assigned to your ship grants you +5 to all four Efficiency skills, which, among other things, increases your ships power levels (a little bit). For details on Efficiency, check out the Power Calculator thread in my signature. I happen to have the Amazon Borg and two Efficient Saurians, giving me +15 to my Efficiency Skills (alas, my Captain is not also Efficient, else I could have +25, lol).

All this being said, if there is a choice between a male/female version of a BO with the same stats, usually the female will cost more for reasons which should be obvious. :p

As to the in-game Borg Bridge Officer, yes there is one. I do not have this, so I don't know some of the details except to say you have to get the Liberated Accolade by getting killed in a special way during the Khitomer Accord STF Raid Mission. I also know he is a Science Officer and does not have Efficient trait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it. Are uncommon/rare/super rare BO's designated that by being a different color.. like how rare weapons are purple etc in their name/title? Or is it gathered from just knowing what to look for trait/ability wise?

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophyrius
Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it. Are uncommon/rare/super rare BO's designated that by being a different color.. like how rare weapons are purple etc in their name/title? Or is it gathered from just knowing what to look for trait/ability wise?

Thanks again!
The name is color coded. The ranking system is the same as weapons. The difference is traits between them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh!

I just had an Awesome Idea!

How about having to travel to Catia to pick up Caitian recruits? Vulcan for Vulcans etc.

Orionis sector for liberated Borg Bo's

Don't know how this would C-Store, but it would be a fun addition to the immersion. Maybe have to visit that planets academy and see what recruits are available.

Either way please put level III BO powers in the trainers instead of making us do the trade thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Oh!

I just had an Awesome Idea!

How about having to travel to Catia to pick up Caitian recruits? Vulcan for Vulcans etc.

Orionis sector for liberated Borg Bo's

Don't know how this would C-Store, but it would be a fun addition to the immersion. Maybe have to visit that planets academy and see what recruits are available.

Either way please put level III BO powers in the trainers instead of making us do the trade thing.
It would be an interesting RP thing and maybe fun if implemented properly but it should be option methinks; otherwise it would merely a time sink.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
10-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Any feedback Cryptic? Been waiting a long time for some...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
10-06-2010, 08:54 AM
You know what? They probably aren't going to addess this or even make it a possibility until they work out whatever they have going on with that new BO to First Officer/Captain feature they've been talking about... I remember reading that the Devs are having to alter the way BOs are set up so that they can be promoted.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.