Lt. Commander
# 1 Marks of Honor @ VA
09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Simply question:

Is it possible to get Marks of Honor when you are at VA1 ? Do you get both dailies (Emblems / Marks of Honor) ?

greets
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
You are unable to get Marks of Honor at VA1.

But you can get Marks of Exploration and I'm told you still can get Marks of Valor when doing the lower instances of the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXHell
Simply question
Simply Answer: No
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I know this thread is only a day or so old, but I have to bring to the forefront. Dstahl and the devs: I am very happy with the changes that have gone into the game and I'm very happy to finally have my first toon at VA!!

However, I was very disappointed to find that I can no longer earn Marks of Honor, thereby preventing me from getting my Mk X Covariant Capx3 shield with my 45 marks, while the shield itself costs 52!! Sigh... that shield is the only shield that will give my crusier/eng captain over 8,000 shield points and I'm kinda all about getting the next bump up in better gear.

While I'm not flaming mad, I do find it quite limiting and somewhat unfair for my week plus of grinding of marks only to find that I can't get it. Dstahl and devs please either bring back the Makrs of honor reward missions at VA rank OR let be able to acquire the shield from some other means, even emblems!

Dstahl and Devs: you guys have been all about giving us options and now this option has been blocked to me, which makes me sigh very heavily. Please, try to find a solution to this as it would substantially lighten my outlook on options in STO. Please?

Best,
Dan_H
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2010, 01:05 PM
For me it souns like a bug anyways...

I mean, you can get Marks of Exploration @ VA, Marks of Valor @ VA... but no Marks of Honor? Why? Where'S the logic behind that... ?
Lt. Commander
# 6 I agree!!!
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I know FXHell!!! I completely agree! They're closing off possible options to us with this feature/bug whatever the hell you want to call it!!! I'm not angry with them, but I'd honestly like a fix for this ASAP!!!! Otherwise, it seems like not too many ppl are even concerned about this nor do they even care. If they were in my position where they lvled up a toon too fast and weren't able to get their Mk X Covariant Capx3 shield, they might be more concerned. Either way, I'd just like a fast solution to this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-11-2010, 11:33 PM
I put up a little guide here to try and help people with this issue. Alas, it focuses mostly on getting things done at RA before leveling out of Marks of Honor, but if we can get the word out, might save people from this annoyance until the Devs develop a compromise.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Simple solution, make all items in the K7 Marks of Honor store available through the Marks of Exploration store at BGO.

IMO this whole system of PvE and PvP vendors selling different items and accepting different curriencies was a bad idea from the get go.
Lt. Commander
# 9 PVP ship gear
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
They have not said anything but look like thet have go they way of the dino. They seem to no plains to update PVP ship gear at the moment. Could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
I hope this b/s gets addressed soon! Some idiot wasn't thinking and they need a good swift kick to wake their arse up!