Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
09-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Cold Case solved. The rest was fun just that first part that was no fun. I have a bad back at the moment, so maybe the constant pain interfered with solving the puzzle. Keep trying Cryptic. I think Cryptic is raising the MMO bar, I hope Blizzard is paying attention for WOW. I like that game but STO is more fun for now.
Lt. Commander
# 52 Cold Case
09-18-2010, 11:15 PM
All I can say about "Cold Case" is...

Now THIS is Star Trek!

Definitely the best of the weekly series so far (not that there was anything wrong with the previous ones,) and the closest thing to any of the TV series so far.

Kudos, Cryptari! Thanks for turning STO around.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Iam rather enjoying these episodes and iam playing them on advanced and i have to say it is awesome keep up the good work cryptic.

Cheers,

Acidrain
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I am glad that there are people solving this cold case mission, this means i am suffering PEBKAC on my mission...

i can not for the life of me find the starmap fragment on pretty much the entire Defera map, and i have little patience left in trying to get my BOs to stand in the plates, since they have a really bad habit of actually not standing on the plate itself, but right before it.

anyone got a clue for me on this one? most of my fleet are offline, those that arent, arent too talkative tonight

EDIT: not to worry. my patience held out long enough to complete the mission
Lt. Commander
# 55 Just checking...
09-19-2010, 08:08 AM
...was there another puzzle with this new weekly episode?
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
...was there another puzzle with this new weekly episode?
yeah, it was getting your BOs to successfully stand on the pillars to try and unlock the map fragment
Lt. Commander
# 57 Very nice
09-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I really like the direction of the weekly episodes.
It's far more interesting then just "go to system x and kill all enemies".
It was a good mix of puzzles, exploration (finding the largest asteroid in the system) and combat.
At the end of this episode I really wanted to continue right away because of the interesting plot.

Keep up the good work Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I think the Breen series is the best part of the game up until now. I especially like that I do not have to find other players to join in a team, which is often a hassle because most people want experienced players and also because people quit in the middle of missions.
Lt. Commander
# 59 Another GREAT episode
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I am loving how Cryptic is mixing different gameplay elements and making these episodes truly unique. It seems that each episode is better than the last and to me this was really the best yet (and I really LOVED last weeks). I am so glad to be a lifetime member
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!!

We need more missions like this. I love the fact that there was a puzzle, albeit an easy rudimentary one. I REALLY want to see more non-combat options in the game. Combat and violence are not what Star Trek is about. The game needs more puzzles and such, in addition to the combat, to keep the ST feel.

This mission was great. Here's hoping to more like it, and I can't wait for the user generated content. Depending on what we can do with it, I hope to throw some puzzles at people myself.