Lt. Commander
No room in this game for casual players. Only for the hard core ones that play every day.Why play the game if all your going to get is killed over and over. I can not compete I have a life beyond the game like most. Unless your one of the people who live in the game its not fun to get blown up over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the world of MMORPG's
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmillas
No room in this game for casual players. Only for the hard core ones that play every day.Why play the game if all your going to get is killed over and over. I can not compete I have a life beyond the game like most. Unless your one of the people who live in the game its not fun to get blown up over and over.
Erm, seriously? You think STO is not for casual players?

I don't mean this in a bad way, but what do you consider casual gameplay then? Facebook games or such? There's nothing wrong with them, just, they're about the only more casual friendly game I can really think of out there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Are you talking about Player Vs. Player gameplay or Missions?

I only ask because this game is really casual and seems largely based around casual players.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Erm, seriously? You think STO is not for casual players?

I don't mean this in a bad way, but what do you consider casual gameplay then? Facebook games or such? There's nothing wrong with them, just, they're about the only more casual friendly game I can really think of out there.

I have to agree. STO is one of the more casual friendly MMO's Ive seen. At least from a stand point of leveling speed, difficulty, and the fact that quests can be started and finished in short play sessions. These are some of the main factors in my enjoyment of the game.

The only real kink in STOs causal armor is the tutorial can be better and the game needs to be better documented. There is alot thats not explained well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
not for casual gamers? I play like once a week
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I think STO is great for casual players
- Minimal grind if any
- Great PVE stories (I don't PVP)
- No open PVP (no need to look over your back)
- No death penalty (on standard and no deleveling on death)
- Leveling to cap is waaay to easy (even when playing 3 hours a day)
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmillas
I was getting killed over and over when I first started. The trick is to always change strategies so you'll last longer I have been very busy the past few weeks but I always manage to get on to do dailies or some other mission. That's what casual means to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
STO is one of the most casual friendly games on the market - unless you're doing PvP. In which case, there's a learning curve between just playing well in PvE and barely surviving PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I totally disagree with the OP. I'm a casual player (lucky to get 15 hours a week in) and I feel like I am progressing just fine.

If you're getting killed over and over, you're doing something wrong.