Lt. Commander
# 11
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I really liked this mission. At first I was worried that it was just going to be another grinding "Save the Survivors" ground combat mission, and then I was surprised to find it was a non-combat mission. I loved it. The change of pace was really enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwibbs View Post
I've completed Cold Comfort on several of my characters now. I really like the new episode, but I think it could be better.

I really like the idea of non-combat deplo missions. One thing that really seemed silly to me, and many of my fleetmates, is that I'm an engineer, not a doctor.

I think this mission would have been much more amazing if the progression to completing it was career dependent.

For example: helping cure the injured patients would be the path for a science officer, an engineer would need to help repair the ship, and a tactical officer would interrogate the prisoners.

Anyone else feel a bit ouf of place healing those sick patients?
not really, every Starfleet officer takes basic first aid, besides, many of the tools they use are just point and click, your not preforming major surgery or anything.

Just because your one career class dosent mean thats all you can do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-14-2010, 05:17 AM
My main complaint about "Cold Comfort" is exactly what ajac said above.... why is my captain running around playing Doctor? We have a ship's Doctor and medical teams onboard. Maybe its just me... but every TV episode I have ever seen, whenever the captain finds injured or sick people, they call for a medical team. Usually led by the Doctor. But other than that, at least it wasn't a usual "kill X number of these" mission.

I kinda like the career paths idea, though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwibbs View Post
I've completed Cold Comfort on several of my characters now. I really like the new episode, but I think it could be better.

I really like the idea of non-combat deplo missions. One thing that really seemed silly to me, and many of my fleetmates, is that I'm an engineer, not a doctor.

I think this mission would have been much more amazing if the progression to completing it was career dependent.

For example: helping cure the injured patients would be the path for a science officer, an engineer would need to help repair the ship, and a tactical officer would interrogate the prisoners.

Anyone else feel a bit ouf of place healing those sick patients?
Every Starfleet officer is trained in basic field medicine and first aid. We were also talked through treatment by your ships sci officer. It's not like we were asked to perform major surgery, we were asked to treat a wound and asses a patients mental health When it came down for the operating table the ships DR took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagmort
My main complaint about "Cold Comfort" is exactly what ajac said above.... why is my captain running around playing Doctor? We have a ship's Doctor and medical teams onboard. Maybe its just me... but every TV episode I have ever seen, whenever the captain finds injured or sick people, they call for a medical team. Usually led by the Doctor. But other than that, at least it wasn't a usual "kill X number of these" mission.

I kinda like the career paths idea, though.
That's simple, because you went down to asses the situation and got caught up in a triage situation. Much like Jake Sisko did when he was trying to write a story about Dr Bashir.