Lt. Commander
# 21
09-19-2010, 01:38 AM
We should be able to go back and complete in in the non-combat version of Defari Prime.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nPoon
What you can do is share the quest with one of your friends, who can in turn share it with your previous character.

the trick is to get all of your bridge officers to stand on the outlying circles (the ones in the corner) while you take up position in the center.

then, right click on the panels.

x x 3
2 o x
x 1 x
=

= - The stairs
x - useless panels
Thanks, worked like a charm.

And to those having problems with ordering your BO's to waypoints, go into your keybinds and check your "execute action" and make sure it's set to "left double click". I had the same problem when that command was set to just "left click". Once I changed it to "left double click" the problem was fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I did have a bit of a struggle solving the puzzle, but I agree that it was good for making the player actually stop and think instead of random point-and-click.

We definitely need more puzzles in game to solve; physical puzzles like this one, logical puzzles like in 'Cold Comfort', and minigames to figure out. This weekly series has been chock full of things that made me stop and think, but 'Cold Comfort' and 'Cold Case' were easily the best in this regard. 'Surprise' was another one that made me think; Do I give in to my paranoia? Or uphold the ideals of the UFP?