Lt. Commander
# 11
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
this would seem to be a slightly cheeper way to get a month of play time...
I'm not entirely sure this works. I know there are issues in CO with doing this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
The collector's edition for $10 more is a much better deal (if you want the items and shinies that come with the box).

Nothing wrong with reducing stock. Boxes sitting around aren't making you money and the initial investment is the first big hurdle of getting a new player to try the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
So if I purchase this...will it add 30 days of playtime? Had this been confirmed?

My original purchase was from GS.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinDiamond
So if I purchase this...will it add 30 days of playtime? Had this been confirmed?

While I can't truly confirm it, I don't see why it wouldn't. If the purchase comes with a retail key (as all the ones I bought (from 3 different retailers) in the past have), and you apply it to your account, it should add the 30 days to your account.

I would hope that Cryptic would have given some kind of disclaimer if they didn't. Then again, you never know, so I hope they do (definitely) answer your question.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinDiamond

i bought 3 diffrent copies back in the day and they all added playtime on the same account...
i don't see why it shouldn't work now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised they put this "news" on the front page...kinda like screaming: "Hey look we have so given up on this thing that we are letting it go for less then 10 bucks a copy. Soon Free-to-Play will be available."
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-20-2010, 05:27 PM
They did let multiple copies of the full game stack as far as free time goes back at launch. Guess they figured if you shelled out for "x" copies then you deserved the "bonus" days. Since they never said they were retracting that... I'd have to assume time still stacks.

It would be nice to know if you got the Borg BO for sure though... at that price I may even want to snag it for 30 days and an extra goody. But not so crazy about it just to get one month of cheaper sub.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
STO for $9.99.

I can't help but to be very worried at how significantly the price had dropped from the original $49.95 back in February.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
I'm surprised they put this "news" on the front page...kinda like screaming: "Hey look we have so given up on this thing that we are letting it go for less then 10 bucks a copy. Soon Free-to-Play will be available."
Quote:
I can't help but to be very worried at how significantly the price had dropped from the original $49.95 back in February.
That about sums it up. Either Cryptic doesn't know or doesn't care what kind of very obvious message this drop in price is sending. Successful online games don't go from $50+ to $10 in 7 months. This pretty much shows what direction they're expecting the game to go.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
That about sums it up. Either Cryptic doesn't know or doesn't care what kind of very obvious message this drop in price is sending. Successful online games don't go from $50+ to $10 in 7 months. This pretty much shows what direction they're expecting the game to go.
Ridiculous. Games most certainly do drop in price that fast, especially MMOs where the sale of the retail copy isn't much of a money-maker post-launch. As for what it says about the game? It says "hey, we're running a promotion, grab the game with 30 days of play time for less than the cost of a single month". Most will see that and say "hmmm, that's a good deal, maybe I'll give it a try". You glass-half-empty types that are constantly ranting DOOOOOMMM will obviously see this as foreshadowing that the game is ready to go belly up any day now. Which it's not. But why believe anything you're told, it's so much more productive to jump to irrational conclusions.

So if Cryptic doesn't do things to lure in new subs then people complain they aren't trying hard enough, and when they do you complain about how it's going to look and proclaim DOOOOOOMMM.

Seriously, there's absolutely no pleasing any of you. These never ending posts of incessant whining are so damned retarded. If you're so unhappy with the game, leave already and give the rest of us some peace and quiet.