Lt. Commander
Just finished another great session playing STO! I played for about three hours tonight and didn't need to fire a single shot. First I helped out the local Ambassador on Vulcan with my Lt. Commander Engineer. Then I took my RA4 Science Officer for a visit to Bajor in his Runabout only to be caught up in another Diplomatic Mission.. I've managed to spend a good portion of my evening immersed in Trek and I didn't even have to murder hundres of enemy crewmen to complete some missions.

I especially love the missions that take place in my conference room. I only wish I could display trophies and things in there too. It would give us more reason to use our awesome new interiors if we were going to be customizing a space we'd be using for missions.

Another thing that would be really great would be if some of our Diplomatic missions could "devolve" into combat missions. For example:

You warp into a system to find two vessels fighting. You have to disable whichever vessel you determine to be the aggessor, then you attempt to diffuse the situation. Rather than ending the mission if you click the wrong text and fail, it would be cool if the aggressor would resume firing and you had to take them down to protect the weaker vessel.

In another example, someone caught for a crime or something similar on a ground diplomatic mission might become hostile and need to be subdued.

Just throwing out some ideas and a bit of praise for all the great work that's gone into this game. With every update there have been more and more things added to soak up my time and immerse me in the fiction I love so much. Thanks for the Diplomatic missions and the weekly episodes!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2010, 01:34 AM
I agree with failing a diplomatic mission results in a combat. I also liked the conference room I saw in "Cold Call(Fed)". I want to see more interiors like that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I like the opening texts on the missions too. The ones that look like the episode titles from the show. It's really starting to feel alot more like Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
The devolving diplomatic missions is a great idea!
By the way, the conference room seen in Cold Call is where First Contact missions happen once a character reaches diplomatic rank 3.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Yes
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes the new stuff is great and it is top grade but the speed iat which they are coming out with has forced me to look at other MMO. Not leaving STO but my loanger be my main MMO but more a back.