Lt. Commander
# 1721
09-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I got mine using the Matt, but failed when trying Borg and the Best Buy tribble. Got Sta with both of those.
Lt. Commander
# 1722
09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Tribble Breeding for the Impatient... Please correct me where I am mistaken.

Looking through the various sources, it seems to me that the goal of breeding is to produce a (Tuf), which in turn can be bred up to either a (Mat) or a (Ric). These two are the basis for any of the rarer (non-unique) breeds, yes? (And, incidentally, what you apparently need in order to breed up a Cryo-Tribble using Snow Tubers.)

It also seems to me that a sub-goal is to use the cheapest, most available food possible. I want to buy it or replicate it, not wait for a food item drop.

To get a (Mat), I see the following logical progression (leaving out the lowest tier of tribbles):
Species: Sus/Vit [Heal] -> Tuf [Heal] -> Hen [+Regen] -> Dea [+Regen] -> Mat [+Dmg/+Regen]
Food: (Ferengi Snail Steak) -> (Chateau Picard) -> (Chateau Picard) -> (Saurian Brandy)
To get a (Ric), it looks like this is a logical progression:
Species: Sus/Vit [Heal] -> Tuf [Heal] -> Nix [+Resist] -> Stc [+Resist] -> Ric [+Dmg/+Resist]
Food: (Ferengi Snail Steak) -> (Slug-O-Cola) -> (Vulcan Spice Tea) -> ((Klingon Gladst))
The drawback here is that Gladst is not listed as a vended food item, so I'm forced to wait for a drop or get it on the Exchange if I can.

Does this seem reasonable?
As it turns out, some of these food items are not readily available from most stores, Ferengi Snail Steak in particular. I was able to purchase Chateau Picard, Saurian Brandy, Vulcan Spice Tea, and Slug-O-Cola but not from the replicator (Don't recall where, exactly). Ferengi Snail Steak I got from the Exchange, at a premium cost. Not sure where else to buy it from.

Any suggestions for substitutions? I would prefer anything we can get from the replicator over any other choices. (Remember, this is tribble breeding for the impatient...)
Lt. Commander
# 1723
09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Very great chart and like others, I was able to breed the better ones at random. Now I do wonder... some have more types of food listed. Can one tribble eat all these different foods, before it gives an offspring, or will it five an offspring with each different food.

I was hoping to breed the Rivera and I have all 4 food thingies. But how is my tribble going to eat all and give me the Rivera?
Lt. Commander
# 1724 How to get a Zinc
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
got a question i bought i Heart of Targ and feed it to my Highison hoping to get a Zinc. instead i got a dot. I tried again and got the same result is there something i can feed the Hig to get the Zinc. Also ( just for thoese that want to ask) it was in my inventory the Hig and the Heart of Targ were the only tribble/food in said inventory the rest thats in there are particules, and weaponds.
Lt. Commander
# 1725
09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
I put mine in my bank.

I think the constant activity of the inventory spooks them.

At least I had no luck in my inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 1726
09-21-2010, 03:04 AM
You can buy following 64% food from Quarks bar on DS9, Andoria Cave vendors and Drozana station:
Bajoran Jumja Stick
Bajoran Larish Pie
Bajoran Moba Fruit
Banana Split
Betazoid Uttaberry
Cardassian Kanar
Cardassian Yamok Sauce
Cardassian Zabu Stew
Chateau Picard
Saurian Brandy
Slug-O-Cola
Thalian Chocolate Mousse
Vulcan Plomeek Soup
Vulcan Spice Tea

Hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 1727
09-21-2010, 08:28 AM
got a question i bought i Heart of Targ and feed it to my Highison hoping to get a Zinc. instead i got a dot. I tried again and got the same result is there something i can feed the Hig to get the Zinc. Also ( just for thoese that want to ask) it was in my inventory the Hig and the Heart of Targ were the only tribble/food in said inventory the rest thats in there are particules, and weaponds
Lt. Commander
# 1728
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post
got a question i bought i Heart of Targ and feed it to my Highison hoping to get a Zinc. instead i got a dot. I tried again and got the same result is there something i can feed the Hig to get the Zinc. Also ( just for thoese that want to ask) it was in my inventory the Hig and the Heart of Targ were the only tribble/food in said inventory the rest thats in there are particules, and weaponds
You fed the wrong food to the wrong tribble.

Some higher food/tribble combinations:
HIG + Tulaberry Wine = YU
VEL + Romulan Osol Twist = NIE
DAX + Quadrotriticale = HAR
GRI + Klingon Heart of Targ = ZIN (the one you are looking for).

All those formulas seen in my table linked below.
Lt. Commander
# 1729
09-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
You fed the wrong food to the wrong tribble.

Some higher food/tribble combinations:
HIG + Tulaberry Wine = YU
VEL + Romulan Osol Twist = NIE
DAX + Quadrotriticale = HAR
GRI + Klingon Heart of Targ = ZIN (the one you are looking for).

All those formulas seen in my table linked below.
Thanks think i was using a old tribble breeding chart
Lt. Commander
# 1730 Klingon BO's and Tribbles.
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM