Lt. Commander
# 11
09-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
I was ok with the weekly episodes...not thrilled, but it kept me engaged. But now that I cant figure out how to move my BO(s) to certain spot(I assume its required for this last episode), I dont even that
I think if you use the "stand here" command in thier avatar windows to make each BO stand on one of the five round topped glowy things, it unlocks the map piece. Send one each to the four corners and stand yourself in the center should work. If not there is a thread/guide in the forums that explains it way better than me. I just sorta stumbled into completing it myself.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Almost! The hint with the movement commands is right, but you have to "enter" a certain three combinations of "arrows" to unlock the secret. Just getting your BOs to stand on each corner won't cut it. Your tactical officer will have more data for you.

It's a cool idea, really. Utilizing NPC squad commands to solve a riddle is kinda novel.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think if you use the "stand here" command in thier avatar windows to make each BO stand on one of the five round topped glowy things, it unlocks the map piece. Send one each to the four corners and stand yourself in the center should work.
If I'm reading things right, cocoa-jin's problem is that there's a bug where you can't set a rally point on a node. You click the rally arrow next to a BO icon, you move the cursor over the node, you click, and the rally point appears just outside the node. To get it to work, I had to capitalize on another random bug, where if you place a rally point a certain short distance from the selected BO, the BO will only move part of the way to the point (which itself is random, so it takes a few tries). Very annoying.

What's even more annoying is that It doesn't affect everyone, and it doesn't even affect all characters on the same account, so it's actually kind of hard to replicate. And, of course, no one believes you and they tell you you're doing it wrong and call you names and question your hygiene, sexual orientation, and choice of shoe polish, etc...
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
If I'm reading things right, cocoa-jin's problem is that there's a bug where you can't set a rally point on a node. You click the rally arrow next to a BO icon, you move the cursor over the node, you click, and the rally point appears just outside the node. To get it to work, I had to capitalize on another random bug, where if you place a rally point a certain short distance from the selected BO, the BO will only move part of the way to the point (which itself is random, so it takes a few tries). Very annoying.

What's even more annoying is that It doesn't affect everyone, and it doesn't even affect all characters on the same account, so it's actually kind of hard to replicate. And, of course, no one believes you and they tell you you're doing it wrong and call you names and question your hygiene, sexual orientation, and choice of shoe polish, etc...
Ah, I was unaware of this bug- my mistake - I though he was unaware of how to set a BO in a certain spot using said feature and the way the puzzle can be solved. My apoligies.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Ah, I was unaware of this bug- my mistake - I though he was unaware of how to set a BO in a certain spot using said feature and the way the puzzle can be solved. My apoligies.
Hey, no apologies necessary. It really is one of those "you have to see it to believe it" bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Almost! The hint with the movement commands is right, but you have to "enter" a certain three combinations of "arrows" to unlock the secret. Just getting your BOs to stand on each corner won't cut it. Your tactical officer will have more data for you.

It's a cool idea, really. Utilizing NPC squad commands to solve a riddle is kinda novel.
Oddly It worked for me when I just sent all my guys to the corner and stood myself in the center. May be a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Oddly It worked for me when I just sent all my guys to the corner and stood myself in the center. May be a bug.
Heh, maybe the system does not recognize that there are spots that should be left vacant, then. This could indeed be a bug - or intended, and these mysterious Creators were simply not particularly bright, considering such a fault in their security system. It's like a lock that takes any key!