Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I don't know why, but this sounds like an awesome name for a band.
I think they're opening for The Clash at Demonhead in Toronto this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
These items should be re-offered, periodically, for testing. Along with more new free test server stuff. Make it so that there's enough stuff that there can be an incentive at least monthly or bi-weekly to motivate players to log on and test.

Selling these carrots on the c-store is such a lazy cop out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
These were for testing on the tribble server. They should only be gotten by doing that. And if they do put them in the CS then good luck with getting more than a hand full of people on there during the special events. I know I will not do it again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
These items should be re-offered, periodically, for testing. Along with more new free test server stuff. Make it so that there's enough stuff that there can be an incentive at least monthly or bi-weekly to motivate players to log on and test.

Selling these carrots on the c-store is such a lazy cop out.

but then Cryptic would not be milking the IP for all it is worth...
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
I know I can't win this one so this is my rant.

Fluidic and Borg Tribbles should not be available in the C-Store. Unlike the "exclusive" items that we purchase with the game. (That I also think should not be available in the C-Store but that another issue.) These items we actually had to earn. We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.

I also play on Tribble when an issue in game comes up that is important to me like the PvP queue or Data Samples bugs. I know that when we finely see the crafting or ground combat updates I will be there.

Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend. Less players will show up to Tribble Test Weekend.
or it could get one better, yes have both tribbles in the C-Store but make it another point to...
1. pay 120-150 cryptic points
then
2. must have played test server for 2 hours (or something like that)

then even more of the player base will come over to the tribble server to help, and it will leave players with the feeling that they earned it.

Tribble test weekends should stay yes but for people who attend they should get the tribbles (or other cool bonuses) a few months early and for no C-store cost??

just passing ideas
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Personally, I missed out on the Borg Tribble because I didn't know about it until long after the event.
Although I obtained the Fluidic Tribble from testing, I didn't expect it (I thought it was going to be the Borg Tribble).

So, I'm very happy it's for offer in the C-Store.

And this is one of those things that smacks of "Elitism" to me.
Somebody wants to say "I'm so cool, I have a Borg Tribble and you don't".

As for me, the only reason I want one is because they make me laugh.

Other then Borg Ground fights (which are few and far between), they have no more practical merit then that.

So yes, you will lose this debate.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
So, I'm very happy it's for offer in the C-Store.
Wouldn't you be happier if they just offered it again for free for testing?

Quote:
And this is one of those things that smacks of "Elitism" to me.
Somebody wants to say "I'm so cool, I have a Borg Tribble and you don't".
I don't think it's elitism from most of the folks who are against the idea. A lot of folks just want them to keep offering and re-offering these items for testing on Tribble.

I have both. Don't need either. But would much rather see them re-offer them on Tribble for free. They work. They get people to get onto test. By putting them on the C-Store, it gives people less incentive to help test things.

It's frustrating. It hampers testing. I'd much rather they re-entice you to test again to get that tribble. And see you get it for free. I want you and everyone else interested in these items to get them. For free. For helping to test. I don't want to keep them exclusive. I just want more people to test.

The C-Store seems like the wrong way to go about that.

Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Wouldn't you be happier if they just offered it again for free for testing?
Well, they did say originally that the Borg Tribble was on offer for the Season 2 playtest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I believe there is going to be a TRIBBLE playtest event coming up in the next two weeks where you'll have a chance to re-earn the Tribble of Borg. It is either next weekend or the one after. I'll work with the community team to ensure this is communicated.
But this didn't happen, and they offered the Undine Tribble instead. If they're not going to bother offering these for testing again, they should release them in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Dude.

They're digital TRIBBLES.

They don't make you special. No one -- NO ONE in the game will be impressed if you whip one out in game.

Maybe at most you get "That's kind of cute, maybe I'll buy me one of them in the C-store. If I remember."

How -- exactly, does owning one make you SPECIAL? By testing on the test server? You can do that any time. You can do it right now.

What do you do, go to bars and try to pick up chicks based on your awesome tribble-ownage? "Hey baby, want to come back to my place so I can show you my fluidic tribble?" They'll probably just think you have some kind of STD.

Seriously, you need to stop, take a long walk and think long and hard about what you did.

You wrote a post ...

...specifically...

...to PREVENT other players...

...from obtaining digital tribbles.

DIGITAL TRIBBLES

!!
Miss Twilight, you're my hero
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I don't know why, but this sounds like an awesome name for a band.
You're right!