Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo94
Test your own crap from now on. I will just be lazy like the rest and get it from the CS. Heck I may stop leveling, from the way the CS is going in 6 months I will be able to buy character levels in the CS.
Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. If these tribbles were the reason you helped to test, I can't imagine that you think finding bugs is important.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
09-23-2010, 05:38 PM
This is just pathetic.

I have the Tribble of Borg AND Undine Tribble from testing and the ranting over it being requiring 'work' to get them is retarded.

That said, Cryptic are once again being shameful in their marketing practices.

'Hey, we should have been giving out the Nebula for you to buy but instead we decided to appease you by charging for TRIBBLES'

Honestly, what the **** ?

Charging for Tribbles is just pathetic money grabbing of the lowest order and at 120 points a pop thats beyond words. Rather than charge for them, how about just giving them out FREE or making them craftable ?

No, we will do some more wallet raiding because there are always some folks with far too much money and little sense.
At the very least you could have made the Rivera, Borg, Undine Tribble part of a pack and then charged for that pack.

Nevertheless, fools buy this crap and only encourage Cryptic to do more of this. Yet rather than complain about the blatant fact Cryptic are charging for a FREE item, people commend them for this action and complain about how its not fair Cryptic are dishing out these things after them being 'exclusive'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
09-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo94
Test your own crap from now on. I will just be lazy like the rest and get it from the CS. Heck I may stop leveling, from the way the CS is going in 6 months I will be able to buy character levels in the CS.
I take it that you are one of those people who parked your ass in front of ESD for an hour twiddling your thumbs. Most of us who actually DID do the work of testing aren't as upset as you are. Yes, they shouldn't be selling them, but rather giving them out for free for another test weekend, but that's just my opinion. Why should Cryptic care what one person thinks?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34 OK Cryptic ENOUGH ALREADY
09-23-2010, 06:06 PM
I got my borg tribble by beta testing the ds9 mission on the tribble server for free. Anyone else notice that these kinds of promotions have disappeared and the C-Store keeps getting more of these types of items?

Cryptic you already get a monthly service out of me quit nickel and diming. How fair is it to us that earned our tribbles to sit back and see a few months later anyone can get it as long as they get a hold of mommy or daddy's credit card? You should be ashamed!

P.S. Congrats on your GDC award. You got my vote for your "outstanding" customer service and abiliity to keep the gameplay new and exciting...Whatever
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I take it that you are one of those people who parked your ass in front of ESD for an hour twiddling your thumbs. Most of us who actually DID do the work of testing aren't as upset as you are. Yes, they shouldn't be selling them, but rather giving them out for free for another test weekend, but that's just my opinion. Why should Cryptic care what one person thinks?
I didnt test too much on the S2 Update, but instead, i participated in testing the T3 Excelsior, i really dont like Leveling in Tribble, because it ruins the fun when leveling in Holodeck.

I have Only Undine Tribble, Ive been since Launch, i would love the Tribble of borg, some people joined AFTER the givaways, they would love this.

So stop complaining about paying to get it, you got it for free.

Be happy now..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
If I'm still playing when the next test weekend is coming, I will test, too (like I did the last two times). I also participated in all those threads regarding improvements of ships and whatnot. But I don't see that anything's happening to improve the game at all - to the contrary.

I just don't know what to think of this game. My dedication is completely gone and when I'm playing, I leave the game after a few minutes, because it's just annoying. During the beta and the months afterwards, I played many hours a day - today I did one PvP match (with a leecher on my side) and left. Bugs which have been fixed come back with the next patch, tickets which are months old are still unchanged and the related bugs still in the game... Sad, that this is supposed to be the game we trekkies waited for.

And now: items I thought were only available once in a special event are now available to everyone. It kinda takes away the incentive to do anything. Think what you want, it's just my opinion.
I feel for ya and I get it. I think many dont really understand the point. Cryptic is being shady here. They offer some incintive or perk that they advertise as being exclusive(no matter what you all say, you want to have that cool item that no one else does) . They lure people in, not always for that reason, but as a reward for helping and getting things they need from players.. IE lab rats. Then , later, after they have what they want, they bow to the rest of the people whining about not getting that special item even though they did nothing to earn it.. and they sell it to all. They basically lure you in to get someting from you and make you think you get a trinket so your happy. ...then they offer that item in the c-store later to suck more money out of us....its pretty shady and this guy has a right to be mad....he was used and its just crappy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
This is just pathetic.

I have the Tribble of Borg AND Undine Tribble from testing and the ranting over it being requiring 'work' to get them is retarded.

That said, Cryptic are once again being shameful in their marketing practices.

'Hey, we should have been giving out the Nebula for you to buy but instead we decided to appease you by charging for TRIBBLES'

Honestly, what the **** ?

Charging for Tribbles is just pathetic money grabbing of the lowest order and at 120 points a pop thats beyond words. Rather than charge for them, how about just giving them out FREE or making them craftable ?

No, we will do some more wallet raiding because there are always some folks with far too much money and little sense.
At the very least you could have made the Rivera, Borg, Undine Tribble part of a pack and then charged for that pack.

Nevertheless, fools buy this crap and only encourage Cryptic to do more of this. Yet rather than complain about the blatant fact Cryptic are charging for a FREE item, people commend them for this action and complain about how its not fair Cryptic are dishing out these things after them being 'exclusive'


AMEN brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
09-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
AMEN brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree! Cryptic... you are really starting to tick me off...

first all my star trek copies i bought are worthless of the items... second... the time i spent on the test server helping... you just give away to just anyone..

thanks for screwing over your dedicated members...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
09-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbond45 View Post
I didnt test too much on the S2 Update, but instead, i participated in testing the T3 Excelsior, i really dont like Leveling in Tribble, because it ruins the fun when leveling in Holodeck.

I have Only Undine Tribble, Ive been since Launch, i would love the Tribble of borg, some people joined AFTER the givaways, they would love this.

So stop complaining about paying to get it, you got it for free.

Be happy now..
The "giveaways" as you like to call them were anything but free. We spent most of our weekend testing beta missions and reporting bugs. Now here's where the joke is on us. Not only did they put the items we EARNED into the C-Store, a good half of the bugs we reported were never fixed before live release. I must have missed the announcement for the T3 and undine testing. Good thing I signed up for that newsletter. BTW DId you get a T3 for beta testing it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
09-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave1701
Tnx Revo!, so i have to reclaim from cstore panel on my new chars? cuz i bought another tribbles time ago and i didnt see them on my inventory.
you need to manually claim each one via the special unlock tab on the c-store for each character.

but you only pay that first time.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM.