Lt. Commander
# 11
09-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post

No talk about the STF's, really sad.

I wonder if the questions they give dstahl have to be aproved first by Cryptic.

BTW: Did you just say the Borg missions we all love
I don't know about everyone, but I love the Borg missions. Do them everyday

As far as the questions, they did not have to be approved first but we did pull out the ones we liked/ would get some great info and made sure Dan was okay answering them.

We did not put in many questions that we have already gotten the answers to (like the STFs, he already talked about them in this thread) or have been discussed in the forums; we wanted to focus on the ones that would bring up new information.

Lt. Commander
Thanks for the interview. I got to catch one with Stormshade, earlier, as well. It was also nice.

I like the idea that Gozer will return. I enjoyed the other work he was a part of. I enjoyed the STFs, but understand that it was a lot of work for a small portion of the audience, so they got put on a back burner.
Even though Dan mentioned in a post that STFs might just be for smaller groups, seeing as their release is a ways off into the future, I'm pretty confident that they will release them for soloers/smaller groups, as well as the original size & probably larger groups, as well. Many, if not most missions are already group-size scaled, so it just stands to reason that this will happen in that important content, as well.
I think it's been great seeing the content available for all users, and I appreciate that as a game, the levelling and new players can experience more activities, and involvement.
I like how Dan mentioned the past imperfect mission. This makes me believe that there might be the possibility, as the game progresses in its development, that efficient bridge officers might become more readily available, even if they are limited to 1 per captain. I also believe that it's nice to hear again that the c-store items might become available as earned items in-game. I also feel that someday they will release rarer BO skills, as captain-trainable. This game appears to be developing along those lines. I have already greatly enjoyed being a part of it, as it goes. It's a fun story.
Dan mentions content next year, with regard to klingon & fed interaction, and like many others, I believe that their war will someday come to an end, whether he says so or not I think this game has laid many of these things out in advance, and along the way, it's been a pleasure to participate in the story.
It's nice to see bug fixes being released whenever available
I posted a lot of thoughts, hopefully they are mostly coherent.
the discussion about fleet involvement is very nice, too. As well as persistent/zoned pvp - later on Very nice.
I'm sure that the other factions are already surely coming, too. Heh.

Thanks again for the interview.

edit: normally I wouldn't even point this out, but it was terrible how he put down a level 51 sci captain Maybe he's never run into one? :> They can be awesome. (and personally, on the ground, they are great, too. laugh).
2nd edit: Wow, just heard the part about the new contact system... a more global vision for the game is definitely sounding nice :>
Lt. Commander
# 13 additional thoughts...
09-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I thought it was nice hearing about the ideas for player driven ecology and a more global perspective... as an option, I think that would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
I don't know about everyone, but I love the Borg missions. Do them everyday

We did not put in many questions that we have already gotten the answers to (like the STFs, he already talked about them in this thread) or have been discussed in the forums; we wanted to focus on the ones that would bring up new information.

bfelczer,
Just read the other thread you referred to. I believe that was the answer I was looking for, the answer no one would give me directly, and your answer to me and everyone else who loved the STFs before your team broke them is "screw you, we don't care." Well, I don't have a lifetime membership so you don't have my money yet. And if this is how you really feel about the "small groups" then maybe this game is no longer for me. Dumb statement on your part. They worked before season 2. SWITCH THEM BACK. What, too simplistic an approach?
Ever heard that replacing a lost customer will cost you 10 times more than what it costs to keep one. Maybe if you took some of that limited resources that you're expending on the weak weekly missions and apply yourselves to addressing current issues you'd manage to keep your customer base.
Tell ya what Chief, I'm gonna give ya one more month. If the STFs aren't playable by then, I will be outta here.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garpoagi
If the STFs aren't playable by then, I will be outta here.
They are playable (except TD atm, IMO) and I would be happy to take you through one
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't need you to take me through them. I 've been through them...many times and I know when I see something screwed up. I am also not discussing the possible, but the enjoyable. Infected is possible but less than enjoyable. The Cure is nuts at the four shield generators. TD is a cluster trying to get the consoles activated with the overwhelming swarm of Undine on the DS9 deck.
But, thanks for the offer. I'm sure it was not meant as patronizing like all of the non-response replies to my posts and bug reports. Your response was to deny my complaint, and that is all I have gotten from anyone on this. I have even asked if the official position was that the STFs are as they intend. Was I just all wet? But I am not the only one posting these observations. And as I said, I have been through the STF missions prior to season 2... WHEN. THEY. WORKED. PROPERLY. and have managed Infected after season 2 although the sprinting Borg made the mission a respawn fest.

Sorry, but I am fed up and ready to walk. This is my issue and downplaying it in this manner just riles me more. I've seen and played it when it was working and since these missions became my favorite part of the game, I don't intend to pay for broken. End of story.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-24-2010, 09:33 PM
any chance someone could post a transcript? I hate listening to interviews (except when they are on stoked), I'd rather just sit here and read it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
ohh I dont like the idea of this mouse over targetting...makes me have horrible memories of SWG combat upgrade.... and we all know how that ended up. Cryptic learn from history and the mistakes from the past, yes ground combat needs something but figure something out where the mission content is more interesting, not jst pressing f at a computer pad in a massive empty room and predictable enemy groups and what ever happened to patrols?? I have only seen one patrol in the game
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Before I start moaning I think its great that Cryptic are being so open with us these days. It seems most weeks someone gives an interview somewhere to one of the fan sites or podcasts. Even better is that they usually have something new to say and that makes me feel there is a lot more future to the game than I thought there was 6 weeks ago.

BUT... I was deeply saddened to hear in this cast that part of the future planning for the game includes a reduction in the number of BOffs used in ground missions. Frankly I don't care how crap they are, or how much they push up the size of the enemy groups they really help with immersion. I feel like a commander of forces when I do ground combat rather than some renegade with a laser. I think turning the ground combat into a 'one man and his dog' situation will further alienate the sense that I am starship captain with a crew of hundreds.

I think many of the players would prefer to have more involvement with our BOffs and crew, not less. WHat is being suggested here is likely to lead to the very odd situation where the captain and one officer being the only active members of a ship's company... please don't do this!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMark443 View Post
any chance someone could post a transcript? I hate listening to interviews (except when they are on stoked), I'd rather just sit here and read it.
I like the idea of the transcript, but unfortunately Mark nor I have the time to do this The average 30 minute show takes up to 8 hours per week to produce (this includes recording, editing, getting the stories ready, hair and makeup (JK :p), etc) and this show was much longer than our normal 25-30 minute show. Since we just do this for fun on top of our own schooling and work, I would LOVE it if someone out there would want to transcript for us

As far as not wanting to listen to it, I can guarantee you will enjoy it Other than just the questions, Dan also discussed players' great ideas + we have a news and "blank of the week" segment. You don't get to see our handsome faces but you can always listen in the background while you play.