Sooo since launch I've tried a few fleets, I even tried making one, which failed miserably. I developed a list of things that I want.
1) I don't mind RP, I do mind being 'told' to drop what I'm doing to rush to someone's bridge and pretend to listen to a speech on some sort of poilicy or whatnot. Sorry, leave my gametime to me, please. If I feel like going I'll go! So I guess that's casual RP? I don't even know if I'm good at it so I would need to cut a break.
2) I like to fantasize that Enterprise never aired and didn't exist. A TNG/DS9/Voyager oriented fleet would be lovely.
3) I will not do voice chat. This also means I've never done any STF's.
4) Rank systems. Ohhh I can't stand it. The six pips on my Vice Admiral's uniform shows her rank, calling me 'Cadet' isn't going to get on my good side.
5) I don't need 'help' doing missions. Please stop asking me if I need 'help'. If I need help I'd ask!
6) Please stop filling Fleet chat with 'lulz I named my Borg officer 36DD of 69 lulz epix'. It's not really that funny. Honestly.
7) Just nice people to chat with in game, seems to be too much to ask. *twitch*
If any fleet can match my list please let me know. I especially want to point out #6 on my list. Stop that.
Well, I am going to wish you luck with this search, because I don't know if there is really too many fleets without a formal structure of ranks or that fit all/most of your criteria.
But, just toss it out there:
The 12th Fleet:
1. Our RP is actually casual. In our application form, there is a box you can check for interest in RP. If you want to do it, cool. If you don't, cool. You still get access to our RP forums, since we have some pretty cool (and long) stories in there made up by our members.
2. Can't really help you with that. Personally, Enterprise wasn't "that" bad, but definitely not as good as the other ones.
3. We prefer that everyone uses TeamSpeak, but it isn't really a requirement. We just feel that it enhances gameplay, as long as everyone respects each other and keeps the language PG in designated channels.
4. While we do have rank systems, it pretty much comes up to being up to you whether you want to be strict about it or not. One of my good in-game buddies was Ensign for a few months, yet he was pretty much one of our veterans. He just never really wanted a promotion. Now, if fleet rank is everything to you, then cool. You can work to impress your Admiral and get promoted.
5. If you ask for help, then chance are, we will provide help. If you don't ask for help, then you won't get any. Especially since you are a VA, it won't really be an issue.
6. I have never seen anything like that in fleet chat. We might say, "Wow! I just did 30k damage with Beam Overload against a Cube!"
7. And we have plenty of chatting going on during the day. We pretty much have someone on all the time, since we have Europeans and Americans in the fleet (about 50-50), plus some other time-zoned people.