Lt. Commander
9/25/10 - 1:00 PM PST - Getting Disconnected every few minutes - then seeing the "Updating Please Wait" or getting a "Patchserver not found" error for a few minutes. In the times I was trying to continue; I saw a number of other players reporting this in the 'KDFassistance' channel; and posted about it in the TTS channel before I was suddenly dropped again.

I sometimes see the 'attempting to update..connected 1 time' etc; message until I do an ipconfigf /flush DNS; and I see the same behaviour on CO as well at this time. I've checked my DSL router error logs and I've had no local connection issues or modem authentication issues to my provider (AT & T); and everything else with regard to my internet connection is fine both speed wise, browsing wise; and I can connect and play on another non-cryptic MMO just fine.

It's currently 1:15 PM PDST - and again, I'm just posting this in case there may be a routing issue with AT &T customers to the Cryptic patch/account servers; or possibly with players from a certain geographic area (I'm in the Los Angeles area, southern California); and if anyone in the Network Engineering group sees this, I'd love to know if you guys are aware of any similar issues reported by other players, or Cryptic's ISP.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-25-2010, 08:45 PM
It seems more of an AT&T issue, I keep getting disconnected from my ISP. My DSL modem keeps red lighting then going back to normal. Its just been a ISP problem for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Problem dissapeared about 2 hours later. Guess it was some issue on AT &T's network, but unlike the poster above, I never had an internet.DSL connection problem otherwise during that time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah my service is still messing up right now. I kept getting disconnected this morning so it seems like an att issue.