Lt. Commander
# 51
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
90% of statistics are completely made up to support the poster's own opinion.
Five out of four statisticians agree with this statement.

While I do not have any HARD facts, the fact of the matter is that the C-Store IS turning off a lot of people, myself included. I haven't left the game because of it, but I am not buying things from it because I don't like how it's being handled. I know I'm not the only one. Is it killing the game? It's certainly not helping.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
To make a compelling case, not only would you need hard evidence that X number of people have left because of the CStore, you would need to show that the subscription $ of those people exceeded the $ from the CStore that were gained.

Even more problematic, you would need to show that closing the CStore would somehow bring in enough new subscription $ to make up for the lost revenue going forward.

Good luck.
Agreed. Some people left due to the C-store, but there are more reasonable excuses than the C-store. Limited Klingon content seems to be a better reason than the C-store. People either support the game by using the C-store, like the extras, or ignore it completely. I have a lifetime subscription and I enjoy the game, but in 1.5 years I won't be paying for the game anymore. The C-store would be the only way to show my support and I like getting interesting stuff that I use.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
We love the game or not , fact is op is correct.
The c store has hurt cryptic more than they realise , I know tons n tons who are leaving when kotor is out because of the money pinching.
And I'm sure they won't be on the forums over there complaining that "everything" is being put on the "Skywalker Store/Darth Mall".
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Player population has declined since February. He's not exactly making that up.
That's covers part of the statement. What supports the claim that it is the C-Store causing the population decline.
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Regardless of whether or not there is anything in the C-Store required to play the game, the very fact that there are items that can only be bought in the C-Store is downright wrong for a subscription MMO. 'Nuff Sed.
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomech
Regardless of whether or not there is anything in the C-Store required to play the game, the very fact that there are items that can only be bought in the C-Store is downright wrong for a subscription MMO. 'Nuff Sed.
There's a many different MMOs out there that would agree with you, including WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-30-2010, 11:24 AM
I do not think the C-Store should be closed, but I do think no item should be over $10. within it!
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomech
The problem is that said subscription is still $15, which is not worth the same value it was years ago when MMOs started charging $15...
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek View Post
That's covers part of the statement. What supports the claim that it is the C-Store causing the population decline.
I'm thinking the Mirror Universe uniform flap/rant/forum meltdown weekend is probably shading my perception of the c-store's impact on the player population.
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
The problem is that said subscription is still $15, which is not worth the same value it was years ago when MMOs started charging $15...
I agree. It's much more valuable now in this down/recessed economy than it was back in a thriving economy.