Lt. Commander
My comment about Cryptic was not a personal attack to you. The mention of them is purely in the context of I needed a subject for the nominative sentence I constructed.

Not knowing any specific name of what department handles the color buttons left me no choice other then to name the entire company "Cryptic' which would cover any person in the organization beyond the use of the colloquial phrase 'that guy.' Any layout of a starbase terminals will also include the interior of the ships because all of those things are part of the LCAR or Library Computer Access and Retrieval System. All the computer terminals used in Star Trek use this system. The color buttons are part of the system.

I believe at some point that will be added to the game, but I do not think it will be added to before the end of the year.

Also, since you are an expert in computer software program development for a massive multi-player online role playing game or MMORPG then you know what I am suggesting is true. If I am dramatic about doing so, it is not itself a bad thing. I assure you I am not trolling or looking to aggravate you. My only interest here is to under stand your suggestion and make sure it contributes to the larger scope of the game. I feel that writing a responsible and concise letter with, hopefully good grammar skills, meets this objective.

My only point of the original letter was to suggest 'patience.'

I am sorry you interpreted it as dehumanizing or insulting to your psyche.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra

since you are an expert in computer software program development for a massive multi-player online role playing game or MMORPG then you know what I am suggesting is true.

I am sorry you interpreted it as dehumanizing or insulting to your psyche.

Thank you
con搞e新cen新ion noun \ˌk鄚-di-ˈsen(t)-shən\
Definition of CONDESCENSION

1: patronizing attitude or behavior

in新in搾ere adj \ˌin-sin-ˈsir, -sən-\
Definition of INSINCERE

1: not sincere : hypocritical

Keep trying.

It's not necessarily what you say. It's how you say it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Lots and lots of stuff.
Ritalin is your friend.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Again, my apologies.
10-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
con搞e新cen新ion noun \ˌk鄚-di-ˈsen(t)-shən\
Definition of CONDESCENSION

1: patronizing attitude or behavior

in新in搾ere adj \ˌin-sin-ˈsir, -sən-\
Definition of INSINCERE

1: not sincere : hypocritical

Keep trying.

It's not necessarily what you say. It's how you say it.
I will give you that. My intent is sincere. Interpretation is a two way street. Half of it is based on the interpretation of the reader as well as the context of the article being presented. I apologized and you still see patronizing and condescension in the message. Just because a person writes in a clear and concise way, does not mean it will be received in that manner. My methodology and behavior was to suggest more patience with the development of the game would be a wiser place to spend your energies. The letter did not question the integrity that led to the pathology of your article.

I even stipulated you were right on two occasions to demonstrate the good intent of my effort to honor your integrity. Yet, you choose to interpret the remarks as condescending or insincere.

The word 'condescend' is derived from the Latin term 'descendo, descedere, descendi, descensum' and the added term 'con'.

In Latin, when you add the term 'con' before a verb, it will mean 'together'. Descedere means to come down or to go down. All together meaning to come down together. I can assure you this is not the case. My intent was only to ascend to your high level of integrity.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Fair enough. Sorry to derail the topic of the thread.

Continue everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 36 Thank you
10-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
Ritalin is your friend.
I actually take Luvox CR now in 150 mg dose and Aderral in 20 mg dose and Zyprexia in 10 mg dose.