Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 01:09 PM
When I have this problem hitting 1-0 activates any powers on the 3rd bar. That's as if I was typing Alt-#. I have a fairly new keyboard, so I doubt that the alt key is sticking. On the ground I have duplicated my basic hot keys on the third row, but I've got too many space powers to do this.

In most games, when this happens I'm in chat mode, but that isn't the case here (when that happens I'll naturally see something like 11144400 in the chat window). To check to see if I'm in chat mode I habitually hit enter. When I have this problem, pressing enter momentarily give me a black screen and switches between full screen and windowed mode. Several presses of enter often clears the problem, but if I'm in combat this often ends in my death.

Zoning often clears or creates the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
I had this happen twice so far. What is happening, is the game thinks that keyboard 1 is actually alt + 1.
the issue that was occuring to me was not an alt issue, as I have hotkeys bound in all of my 1-5 slots for no modifier, ctrl, and alt. If it was an alt key problem one of my abilities would be activating, albeit not the one I was attempting to activate.

It is also not a chatbox issue, as I am aware of that happening and it's really obvious when it does.

Thank you for your input guys, making sure I'm not forgetting something.
Lt. Commander
# 13 All weapons
02-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Whats happening to me is when I hit space to fire my beam weapons its firing all weapons plus activating other things in my hot bars. So when I hit space my phasers, plasma and torps all fire plus my EP shields and other things in hot bar activate. In ground combat my hot keys dont work at all least 1-8 dont. When I went in to check in options I noticed that to fire beam was suppose to be space to fire all weapons is alt-space but when U try to reset it they all reset to alt-plus space so looks like they have a bug in there did a ticket but no response yet.
Lt. Commander
Closed Thread