Lt. Commander
# 1 Stuck on "Assimilated"
10-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Okay, I realise there's been a number of complaints about this mission and I want to start off by saying that my bone to pick is NOT with the number of Borg you have to fight through nor with the hitpoints of said enemies. There is a definate learning curve to fighting the Borg and I learned eventually.

My bone to pick is this: I finally got to the point where my objective is to "overload the vinculum". That's just jack dandy except for one minor, almost trivial problem: THERE'S NOTHING FOR ME TO SHOOT NOR INTERACT WITH!!!!!! There is no marker on my map, there is not control surface for me to intereact with, there is nothing for me to shoot. I am left with a huge empty room that I spent a very long time securing only to have nothing at the end of it.

I don't know if this was a glitch or if I somehow missed something, but I searched this blasted cube from top to bottom and finally gave up.

So, people of the internet, what did I miss?! And if I didn't miss anything, then whoever designed this mission did a really poor job of pointing the player in the right direction. Christ! A map marker indicating the right console or anything would have been appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Okay, I realise there's been a number of complaints about this mission and I want to start off by saying that my bone to pick is NOT with the number of Borg you have to fight through nor with the hitpoints of said enemies. There is a definate learning curve to fighting the Borg and I learned eventually.

My bone to pick is this: I finally got to the point where my objective is to "overload the vinculum". That's just jack dandy except for one minor, almost trivial problem: THERE'S NOTHING FOR ME TO SHOOT NOR INTERACT WITH!!!!!! There is no marker on my map, there is not control surface for me to intereact with, there is nothing for me to shoot. I am left with a huge empty room that I spent a very long time securing only to have nothing at the end of it.

I don't know if this was a glitch or if I somehow missed something, but I searched this blasted cube from top to bottom and finally gave up.

So, people of the internet, what did I miss?! And if I didn't miss anything, then whoever designed this mission did a really poor job of pointing the player in the right direction. Christ! A map marker indicating the right console or anything would have been appreciated!
It's on the second floor of the cube in the center of the room. Don't forget the accolade in this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I kind of figured out that was where the Vinculum was, but the question still remains. What was supposed to happen at that point? Was the vinculum supposed to light up so I could upload the virus? If so, it didn't happen.

My question is what was supposed to happen after the Borg were defeated and I was supposed to upload the virus? How was that supposed to occur, because I had nothing to interact with (including the vinculum in the center of the room.) Believe me, after hours of fighting the Borg, I really really tried!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah, once I had that bug too, but it was a while ago. I believe if you kill more then two Borg Interlink Node groups in the room with the Vinculum and you have not talked to one Undine in chains, you will get this bug.

In this post I wrote how you can complete it without any problems:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...42#post2902642
Lt. Commander
# 5 Alright, that's more like it
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Okay, I played through it again. This time the Borg were not nearly as challenging due to the afore mentioned learning curve, but the most important thing: Vinculum was kind enough to allow me to interact with it this time, so I was able to complete the mission.

I want to go on record saying that this DID NOT happen the first time I muddled through this mission. So Dev's, somewhere in the coding there is a bug that keeps the vinculum from being interacted with.

Thanks for the assistance, guys.