Lt. Commander
# 51 Crafting
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Never will happen. People leaving every time a new set of gear coming out is common. Saw this in WOW like clockwork. A person would kill them self to gear up. BOOM the patch comes out and people disappear. Hole sections of a guild would just stop logging on. Can you blame them? They spent weeks even months to build up there rouge and in one patch it all become junk.
This is where crafting should become a viable option to upgrade to new gear.
Lt. Commander
# 52 Casual gamers
10-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
It is not wear near that bad. They are not bound so they appear in the auction. Plus the XII uncommons in the game are just as good. Now that the drop have been fix for the Btran XI Uncommon will fill it in nothing flat.

Raised this before some people have kids, work, only play on weekends. Letting people buy 500 badge for the cost of Retro Refit is not nuts. LIMIT it to once per month per character so not overly upset the game. Any advantage would be sort lived for the reasons above. It is about playing the game not siting in front a of PC for hours grinding Badges.Gear is nice but should not be the focus of the game.A grinding Accolade can be given out the the purest. The era of the Collage kids running from class to jumping front of a PC and playing for 8 hours a day is gone
I'm a casual gamer but shouldn't the die-hards as a rule have better stuff than the casual gamers, from a purely philosophical standpoint? No pain, no gain, right?
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
I'm a casual gamer but shouldn't the die-hards as a rule have better stuff than the casual gamers, from a purely philosophical standpoint? No pain, no gain, right?
Of course this should true. But unfortunately "everyone" feels they're entitled to all the same stuff. And you get a lot of whiney people that will complain if they can't have the epic gear, even if they didn't work for it.

I agree with you. I figure I'm slightly more die-hard than just a casual player, but not as hard core as some. Yet even when having the Mark of Valor Mk X purples with the anti-borg stuff was worth having, I never complained I didn't have it, because I wasn't willing and able to grind out the STFs. So, other people got the "better" Borg gear, and I'm *OK* with that. But I think there are squeaky wheel casual players that aren't. And if a shiney pony becomes available that's only achievable through max effort there will be tons of complaints on the forums.

Look at the three Retrofit Ships (Ent, Voy, Def). Lots of complaints about the availability on those, especially in regards to the C-Store. And frankly, I just don't get it. You get one for free just for ranking. If you want the others you can unlock them for your current and all future characters for paying some real world cash, and if that still isn't your cuppa joe, you can grind away in game and get them for 500 Emblems. Do I agree that price is high? Sure, maybe a little bit too grindy. Other than that, I think it's a fantastic set of choices. And as you say, no pain, no gain.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I have found that quite often the "dailies" will drop and become usable multiple times a day, making it easier toget more than 7 emblems a day.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obitus View Post
Yeah, those Emblem weapons are about 1.3% better than their Mark X counterparts.

30 Emblems versus 7 Marks of Exploration. So just over 4 times the cost, per weapon.

Granted, the most recent push on Tribble
... also added a special emblem vendor that gives you Marks (of Honor? Exploration? I don't remember, I think Honor). At a 1:1 rate. So you don't get Mark XI gear faster, but if you haven't had the time to grind all the good Mark X stuff, you have a way to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm using green photon torpedoes launchers Mk XII (1xdmg) and they are better than those you can get for emblembs, they actually have only a slightly less dmg than mk XI quantums, but superior dps. People should check the exchange for Mk XII weapons. They are usually vastly superior (and expensive)
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
... also added a special emblem vendor that gives you Marks (of Honor? Exploration? I don't remember, I think Honor). At a 1:1 rate. So you don't get Mark XI gear faster, but if you haven't had the time to grind all the good Mark X stuff, you have a way to do it.
I can confirm. On Tribble, when you enter Battle Group Omega from the Transwarp Portal there is a new ship to the port (left) side of the fleet. It's the U.S.S. T'Kumbra, Nebula Class ship.

When you hail the ship it has a store from which you can "purchase" Marks of Exploration, Marks of Honor, and Marks of Valor.

Each Mark (regardless of type) cost one Emblem.

Keep in mind that if you want Marks of Exploration, they are "cheaper" to get from the non-VA B'Tran, where you can still get 5x MoE per Chart Mission (and 75x BoE5 if you take the compainion Explore), as opposed to the 4x Emblems from the Chart/Explore B'Tran VA.