Lt. Commander
# 1 About the weekly episodes...
10-05-2010, 01:21 AM
... and number of players who have tried them: One way to get that number up is put put them closer to the low-level sectors. The first series and the entire sector was completely awesome, but it took place awfully far away from where you are at lower levels and you had to go through a lot of "terra incognita" to get there.
Puting them somewhere closer would lessen the resistance to go and try them out, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovet
... and number of players who have tried them: One way to get that number up is put put them closer to the low-level sectors. The first series and the entire sector was completely awesome, but it took place awfully far away from where you are at lower levels and you had to go through a lot of "terra incognita" to get there.
Puting them somewhere closer would lessen the resistance to go and try them out, I think.
Well they have said that the next series is going to take place in Eta Eridani, and I would assume that each series will take place somewhere new.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I've read that too, and I think it's good.

or future Series though: I don't mind if new weekly episodes take place somewhere far away - as long as it's easy to get there. Something like the Klingons had to get to the Breen episodes would be good. A long, hazardous flight through dangerous territory to a sector that's really, really far away from all other level-appropriate content might turn some people off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes the series for oct/nov will be in Eta eridani and as Dstahl said more sector space will be opened up to the klingon faction as more content is pushed and polished to bring them up to par to the federation.

As a current solution to slogging it throught the "random" encounters either get a fellow player thats at Envoy or Ambassador to apply diplomatic immunity (lasts 300sec) or just fly up to avoid them when none are avaliable.