Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Its not alot but this link may be of interest to you, The work Logan has been doing to add more kdf ship choices at tier 5. Course we still have no idea about the functionality of these ships.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=12

There is a gorn battleships floating around made by Matt, just can't find the link atm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Its not alot but this link may be of interest to you, The work Logan has been doing to add more kdf ship choices at tier 5. Course we still have no idea about the functionality of these ships.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=12

There is a gorn battleships floating around made by Matt, just can't find the link atm.
So there's only ships for higher tiers is that what you're saying? What about beginner ships and up to tier 4?
It would be wierd to only have these ships accessible at higher levels.
I'm hoping the ship you fly is dependent on your race and there's a ship for each tier. They can add ship customization later on at the very least.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG_Slayer View Post
So there's only ships for higher tiers is that what you're saying? What about beginner ships and up to tier 4?
It would be wierd to only have these ships accessible at higher levels.
I'm hoping the ship you fly is dependent on your race and there's a ship for each tier. They can add ship customization later on at the very least.
What customization options?

Anyway I doubt they will be race-specific, only side specific.
Otherwise it would cause some problems.
For example I've got a Gorn Science and imagine when, some day, an actual scout/science ship comes along and it turns out to be an Orion ship.
I would not want to be forced to make an Orion Science just to fly that particular ship, so I'm afraid I cannot find this such a good idea.
As for the lower-tier ships:
According to what has been previously said the NPC ships will not be made available because they supposedly lack the details of the player ships.
Considering the details on some of our ships I'd say I disagree with them.
I'd love to get my hands on a Gorn cruiser.
As for low-level ships in general, thers used to ba a serious thread where we could post our proposals for new ships.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=174624

The idea was that they had to be originals and that whatever we posted there was supposed to be free for use by the Devs.
I posted ideas for a T3 and a T4 Gorn cruiser in that thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=14
Unfortunately nothing ever came out of it.
Probably too strange stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
What customization options?

Anyway I doubt they will be race-specific, only side specific.
Otherwise it would cause some problems.
For example I've got a Gorn Science and imagine when, some day, an actual scout/science ship comes along and it turns out to be an Orion ship.
I would not want to be forced to make an Orion Science just to fly that particular ship, so I'm afraid I cannot find this such a good idea.
As for the lower-tier ships:
According to what has been previously said the NPC ships will not be made available because they supposedly lack the details of the player ships.
Considering the details on some of our ships I'd say I disagree with them.
I'd love to get my hands on a Gorn cruiser.
As for low-level ships in general, thers used to ba a serious thread where we could post our proposals for new ships.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=174624

The idea was that they had to be originals and that whatever we posted there was supposed to be free for use by the Devs.
I posted ideas for a T3 and a T4 Gorn cruiser in that thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=14
Unfortunately nothing ever came out of it.
Probably too strange stuff.
I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather create a Orion character and fly a Orion ship and a Gorn character to fly Gorn ships. Thats my personal preference, but I can see how someone might want to fly another races ship to try it out rather then take the time to create another character.

It's just that to me it really feels wierd to be a Gorn character captaining another races ship when their race has their own ships. The Gorn have been in space for a long time. To be true to the Star Trek Universe the devs need to make more ships.

The KDF is falling way behind the Feds in content and story. I know the Devs have been showing us concept art for future KDP content releases, but without an actual date (even an estimate) on the content release calender, all that stuff is meaningless.

***Please link me if they've actually given a date. It can be hard to find stuff on this site.***

Don't get me wrong I love this game and have been playing since open beta. There's no denying that the Federation Faction is staring down at the KDF when it comes to content. When one faction in an MMO gets more attention from the Devs (because that faction is more popular) it makes for an unbalanced and onesided game. The developers in such a case should focus on bringing people to the other faction(s) to balance things. How does a developer do that? In the case of STO with more KDF content and development.

Yes, the KDF is meant to be a PvP faction and that's great, but without storyline (PvE) there will be no draw to that faction. A lot of people want a good storyline in a game to help build a connection to that faction and feel involved. Those that don't really mind the non existance of KDF storyline and focus on the PvP come across another problem.

For low level KDF characters it can take 30 minutes to an hour in some cases to get into a PvP match. If the KDF is going to remain a PvP faction the PvP queue must be fixed and more content added. Another way to go about fixing this problem is by adding another system cluster into the game and making it into an open PvP enviroment.

So much could be done to improve this game, but with the lack of man power on the development side it could be some time. I'll stick around for as long as I can. After all I <3 Star Trek and this game.

Back on topic now...
If the NPC races have their own unique ships...why can't the playable races xD

Fly safe everyone...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG_Slayer View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather create a Orion character and fly a Orion ship and a Gorn character to fly Gorn ships. Thats my personal preference, but I can see how someone might want to fly another races ship to try it out rather then take the time to create another character.

It's just that to me it really feels wierd to be a Gorn character captaining another races ship when their race has their own ships. The Gorn have been in space for a long time. To be true to the Star Trek Universe the devs need to make more ships.

The KDF is falling way behind the Feds in content and story. I know the Devs have been showing us concept art for future KDP content releases, but without an actual date (even an estimate) on the content release calender, all that stuff is meaningless.

***Please link me if they've actually given a date. It can be hard to find stuff on this site.***

Don't get me wrong I love this game and have been playing since open beta. There's no denying that the Federation Faction is staring down at the KDF when it comes to content. When one faction in an MMO gets more attention from the Devs (because that faction is more popular) it makes for an unbalanced and onesided game. The developers in such a case should focus on bringing people to the other faction(s) to balance things. How does a developer do that? In the case of STO with more KDF content and development.

Yes, the KDF is meant to be a PvP faction and that's great, but without storyline (PvE) there will be no draw to that faction. A lot of people want a good storyline in a game to help build a connection to that faction and feel involved. Those that don't really mind the non existance of KDF storyline and focus on the PvP come across another problem.

For low level KDF characters it can take 30 minutes to an hour in some cases to get into a PvP match. If the KDF is going to remain a PvP faction the PvP queue must be fixed and more content added. Another way to go about fixing this problem is by adding another system cluster into the game and making it into an open PvP enviroment.

So much could be done to improve this game, but with the lack of man power on the development side it could be some time. I'll stick around for as long as I can. After all I <3 Star Trek and this game.

Back on topic now...
If the NPC races have their own unique ships...why can't the playable races xD

Fly safe everyone...
In an ideal envonment, we'd get (at least for T5) one ship of each class for each member KDF-member race.
It would inquestionable increase immersion and the RP-fans among us would be in heaven.
At it appears right now we cannot even be sure whether we'll ever get anything other than escorts and battlecruisers.
As for linking, for some reason I anticipated that:
The August part:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=45

The most recent part:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=187

I am unable to find the postponed by six weeks thing right now, but I think it should give you an idea.

You are right the Federtion is staring down at us when it comes to content.
But the thing that occasionally bugs me much much more is the fact that it feels like some, by far not all, but some players also look down at the folks who play the KDF and consider them to be mentally...limited.
Several months ago I had my personal "Klingon Moment" you can say where for a brief period I stopped being nice and I indeed had a very nasty discussion with a player who said that the fact that the KDF had not received and new ships was entirely the player's fault.
Because we supposedly had not made any proposals or given any feedback.
When I rather harshly informed this particular player, who had made a list of things he could think of despite not playing KDF because we lacked the mental capacity to do so ourselves about a great many ideas we had discussed in the months before, he told us it was still our fault.
Because he had decided for us that our forum was inactive and that we should have discussed such things in the general forums instead.
And I have absolutely no idea why I've just written this down.
I guess the "looking down" part made me remember this.
Many of the folks who play the KDF have had such a moment, sometimes because of the game itself, sometimes because of the folks who only refer to us as "the minority" etc.
Fly safe, too and I hope you don't get that moment, it is usually not a good thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
In an ideal envonment, we'd get (at least for T5) one ship of each class for each member KDF-member race.
It would inquestionable increase immersion and the RP-fans among us would be in heaven.
At it appears right now we cannot even be sure whether we'll ever get anything other than escorts and battlecruisers.
As for linking, for some reason I anticipated that:
The August part:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=45

The most recent part:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=187

I am unable to find the postponed by six weeks thing right now, but I think it should give you an idea.

You are right the Federtion is staring down at us when it comes to content.
But the thing that occasionally bugs me much much more is the fact that it feels like some, by far not all, but some players also look down at the folks who play the KDF and consider them to be mentally...limited.
Several months ago I had my personal "Klingon Moment" you can say where for a brief period I stopped being nice and I indeed had a very nasty discussion with a player who said that the fact that the KDF had not received and new ships was entirely the player's fault.
Because we supposedly had not made any proposals or given any feedback.
When I rather harshly informed this particular player, who had made a list of things he could think of despite not playing KDF because we lacked the mental capacity to do so ourselves about a great many ideas we had discussed in the months before, he told us it was still our fault.
Because he had decided for us that our forum was inactive and that we should have discussed such things in the general forums instead.
And I have absolutely no idea why I've just written this down.
I guess the "looking down" part made me remember this.
Many of the folks who play the KDF have had such a moment, sometimes because of the game itself, sometimes because of the folks who only refer to us as "the minority" etc.
Fly safe, too and I hope you don't get that moment, it is usually not a good thing.
I'm really hoping they get more ships out soon.

Cryptic also needs to increase PvP experience gain or add more PvE missions. Something to lesson the headache and boredom of grinding would be amazing. It's too much of an endless grind for KDF players and at times it feels like I'm getting no where. In the time it took me to level my Klingon to Captain, I had two Federation characters approaching Commander (playing as the Klingon was just too much of a chore).

The more I try to level my Gorn (and other KDF characters) the more I feel like going back and playing my Federation characters. Hmmmm I wonder why there's so many Federation characters and not that many KDF characters. *Sigh*

My plan since release was to play KDF and only KDF. It's getting harder and harder to play my KDF characters when Cryptic keeps releasing more content for the Federation characters and next to nothing for the KDF. I keep telling myself I'll go back to KDF when Cryptic releases more KDF content, but at the same time I really want to play KDF. LOL it's an endless tug of war...

It's really starting to make me mad though. What is Cryptic thinking? Do they really even want to keep the KDF? What's with the constant Federation content and the content scraps the KDF gets? The KDF is like a targ begging for food and only recieving small scraps.

Just think...since release the Federation has gotten numerous content additions and what does the KDF get? A couple more ship skins and a few PvE missions and storyline. Just looking at the C-store one can see the difference. Oh well...this is a good test of patience. All we can do is wait and hope.

Fly safe and remember to see your dentist. Grinding is bad for your teeth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I REALLY like the Gorn that Cryptic is working on. To me it's more Gorn then the current one xD. Im hoping (fingers crossed) they allow us to increase the height of our Gorn and add custom Gorn clothing, etc. Klingon armor just doesn't look right. Nothing looks more fierce than a Gorn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Any idea when the new Gorn skin is being released?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.