Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Vulcan Sehlat

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=150190

Quote:
We're getting ready to start modeling up some little ambient critters to populate maps with, but we'd like your help!

For clarity, these critters aren't going to be used for anything too dramatic, at least not at this point. They're just ambient critters, hanging out, populating the many intergalactic forests of the Star Trek universe.

and the Winner
....goes to the C-Store

*speechless*

dStahl,
....how about i buy 10 of those and the Excelsior on top of it and therefore you tell a Dev to fix your User Interface so that it doesn't put my GPU in sleep mode while playing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
This is actually a fairly smart way to get ambient creatures in the game while also catering to the RPers who want pets.

Ambient creatures = free benefit for everyone
Pets = paid benefit to the developer's bottom-line.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Not surprised. EVERYTHING's going up on the C-Store. Now, how much are you betting it's gonna be?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Not surprised. EVERYTHING's going up on the C-Store. Now, how much are you betting it's gonna be?
120 C-Points
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
They should have made Pandarens an option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
As Iam sure one of many who dont really like the cstore, I think its great to see a new pet on the way, Ive been waiting for a new pet to come along. One thing I loved about WoW was my pets

ohh i say 250 points... the merc suit was about that so a pet.. i can see it priced high
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Wait, in order to get ambient creatures we need to buy them in the C-store? failsauce
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Wait, in order to get ambient creatures we need to buy them in the C-store? failsauce
are you surprised.. its STO common, you guys act so surprise each time they add something to the cstore.. time to get with the times lol

ps.. iam sure the ambient creatures are free, but i think this is more of a personal pet
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I'm sure that's not the case. There is a clear difference between a "pet" and the game's "ambient creatures."
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I personally dont see a problem with this. It allows for more critters in the game. If you don't think you should have to spend money to have one follow you around then don't buy. More critters to look at plus more cash (and incentive) for cryptic to keep making stuff like this in game = win.